The Duncansby Head.

The H.M.S. Neptune I recall is the Duncansby Head And Heartland Point tied up alongside in Chatham Dockyard as a floating barracks for the reserve fleet.The Duncansby Head crops up time and again in dits always alongside in the same role, in fact I seem to recall her as a floating mess deck in Singapore 1959. what was her history when she was in full commission?

And of course HMS Berryhead.
Berryhead was used as the submarine refit offices whilst the SRC in Guzz was being built IIRC. I vaguely remember wandering around her trying to find various offices. She was in 3 basin if I remember rightly.

AAF

War Hero
Berryhead was used as the submarine refit offices whilst the SRC in Guzz was being built IIRC. I vaguely remember wandering around her trying to find various offices. She was in 3 basin if I remember rightly.
Built in Canada......probably the other 'heads' aswell. Remember BH arriving in Singers, what a fcuking heap, all the dregs of the RN drafted to her.

Built in Canada......probably the other 'heads' aswell. Remember BH arriving in Singers, what a fcuking heap, all the dregs of the RN drafted to her.
I take that as an insult the berryhead may have been heap ,But the men on her certainly were not .The ships company were a good ships company .What evidence gives you the right to make those type of comments because the men on her were like those on frigates destroyers sweepers even terror

I take that as an insult the berryhead may have been heap ,But the men on her certainly were not .The ships company were a good ships company .What evidence gives you the right to make those type of comments because the men on her were like those on frigates destroyers sweepers even terror
Wind yer neck in, I knew quite a few dabbers/stokers on BH, one in particular was my best buddie...even came to my wedding. It was he who told me about the crew, some, him included were drafted to BH straight from DQ's.

So the fact that some of the crew came straight from DQ's, made the rest of the lads a bad ship's company. Facts are needed, not your obviously biased view!

Jesse, Duncansby Head along with the Girdleness were accommodation ships in Rosyth Dockyard in '68 and collectively denoted HMS Cochrane while the new shore establishment of that name was being completed.
I was briefly accommodated on the Duncansby Head while standing by Dreadnought during her refit/refuelling in late 68.
I was subsequently moved to the BSS Rosyth until the new Cochrane was commissioned, in early '69, I think.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
P Blue Jokes 0
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0