The dreaded test

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Professor_X, Jan 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody know of where i can pick up a few test papers to practice as need to brush up on the addind and subtracting skills since i have been using a calculator since i left school almost ten years ago!!

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Or if you're a Janner use your 48 fingers and toes...

3. You have a section of paper next to the answer sheet to do working out on. You should also have gotten a booklet with practice questions in it (This is RN\RM, not sure about RAF and Army). The thing to remember with these tests are, you aren't negatively marked so you can guess if you REALLY can't figure it out. And if you can't answer, move on to the next question and when the tester says 2 or three minutes to go, guess the unanswered ones.

Good luck with them. I got my interview with the RM on thursday myself.
  4. I did the tests yesterday, and passed for the ET(WE) branch.

It was really quite easy I wouldnt worry to much about it as maths is not my strong point and I needed a high score in the Numeracy Section to get into this branch.

They will send you a practice book before the test which is quite helpfull.

Ive got my interview a week on monday, am dreading that!
  5. your spelling leaves a bit to be desired as well :) lol

6. Do not worry...just relax and be yourself
  7. Thanks alot, I have the practice test book, and didn't seem to do too bad at it.

At the back is the Articifer Apprentice RE test, I haven't been told whether I need to practice for that!

I want to join as a Marine Engineer, Submarine Service, I feel stupid for asking but cannot speak to anyone at careers office as not open on a Saturday but does anyone know whether I need to sit that test as well?

8. Ive applied for ET(WE) Weapons Engineer.

I did not have to do the RE Test.
  9. I got a book before sitting my test, succeed at psychometric testing - the armed forces entry level, by Bernice Walmsley, gave you a full test example, so was good prep, good luck mate.
  10. thanks to everyone for your comments, and all the best for pursuing your RN careers, found out 100% do not need to do the RE test so relaxed a little!! but not much, thanks again and good luck
  11. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

That's OK then creddy, apparantly its allowed nowadays
  12. Thanks for all the replies, I passed the test and looking to join ETME just waiting for the inteview now which is Thursday morning bit nervous bought a new suit just not sure what kind of questions I will be asked!!