The Desert Rats

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by Blackrat, Nov 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Obviously, a subject close to my heart. For those of you that want to know about desert fighting and all that goes with it, this is the book for you:

Desert Rats
    Author - John Parker

It's an excellent read. It starts with a bit of history about how we became involved in the desert regions and finishes off with Telic. The main bulk of the book concentrates on WWII but don't let that put you off. It's a really good read for those that would like to know about the legends that were (and still are) the Desert Rats.
  2. Are there any pics of you skiffing dead Iraqis?
  3. Are there any phots of you just being rats??
  4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

BR in his Mess Undress rig:

5. Ha ha ha ha!

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...negative uniform:

7. Nice. :wink: :D
  8. They even have their own cider to scupper...

9. Drink in moderation though , look what happened to the one above :wink: :lol:
  10. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You are such a bunch of gayers. Jealousy will get you everywhere.
  11. I believe my Grandad (dad's side) was in Africa with the Desert Rats during WW2 as a Royal Engineer (TA). He was defo in Africa at the time and I'm sure it was with them iirc.
  12. I think my Dad was there as well , with the "Buffs"but I'm still researching.
  13. Here is Blackie sucking up to his first reporting officer - creep.

14. Yes that's our BR on duty as OOD, and him in the Red Tunic?

That'll be 2DD - Looking well spruced up and tiddley, 2 litres of brylcreem, just gagging for his run ashore to Marthas.......

Black Rat is telling him:

"We are under Sailing Orders, remember: 'Tis Cinderella Leave only tonight, then you've got the middle in the Barrel"