The Dawn Chorus

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by 4to8, Feb 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This AM brought the first real dawn chorus this year and it was really nice to hear. Blackbirds, thrushes, robins in fact all of mother natures little songsters joined in. Very inspiring and relaxing indeed.I have always liked the dawn chorus and memories came back of dawns in junglie places along the Mekong, Hooglie ,Chao Phraya and other rivers.The twittering of the prostituties was always charming back then and the little songs of "Mama-san,the geordie fuck-pig ran away and no pay me" or "Mama-san, that scouse git want half price,he say he Ginger and only come here so his shippers don't find out " or on the Delaware "Fook off paddy,me husband is due in any minute". I wish I had a recording of the little twitters to send to the BBC
  2. Ah if only the dawn chorus here were so tuneful - here in Glasgow the closest we get to it is police sirens!
  3. I heard it for the first time last Monday, just before the wife said" Should you not be on your way to work by now", hence, mad rush and 30 mins over had to be done that evening!!!!
  4. Hear it most mornings - but not Staurday & Sunday when that time of the morning doesn't exist!
  5. Sorry, have I missed something? My day doesn't start 'till oh nine dubs at the earliest, unless I'm fishing.
  6. Oh, that dawn chorus.

Thought you meant the days when it was 60 in a mess GMD and just after a good run ashore, call the hands went and then started the dawn chorus and of course the smell followed. :lol:
  7. The dawn chorus of soft cnut next door coughing his guts up before his first fag of the day then blaming the environment.
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

This morning I was mostly listening to...

The feckin' phones and fax machine working overtime!! Grrr.... :evil:
  9. When drafted to Reserve Fleet British West Hartlepool It was the birds coughing , hawking and spitting twenty four seven that got to me.I'm still in deep therapy.
  10. ah yes and then there was even-song " I love you all night for 10 pay hotel " in lilting japanese
  11. We have the delight of a lesser spotted woodpecker visting our fat balls most days.
  12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You sure it wasn't a Swallow?! :shock: :wink:
  13. Not bad. :)