The dangers of beasting, revisited.

#3
It is very sad that the young man died in such a way and it does look like someone went too far. I am not being flippant about such a tragedy but let us hope that the knee jerk reaction from above will not mean that future Royals will do the 30 miler in a Shearings luxury coach.
 
#5
Anyone want to mention that he had been pissed the night afore and had been using exstacy???

'Fraid that in my dictionary sympathy falls right between sh*t and syphilis on this one.

RM
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
#8
Bergen said:
Anyone want to mention that he had been pissed the night afore and had been using exstacy???

'Fraid that in my dictionary sympathy falls right between sh*t and syphilis on this one.
RM
Is this fact? If the defendants knew he was a user and had taken E(drugs) the night before why are they beasting him?

After reading the BBC report, I find it hard to believe that if your worried about someones health and escorting them to the sickbay, why take the long way round and continue to beast the lad on the way?

Hmmmmm for it to reach trial makes me think that the NCO's have gone to far.

Someone has died, mother & father lose there son and who knows who else has been affected. Bit hard on the memory of the guy to say what you said Bergen.
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
#10
Ninja_Stoker said:
More detail here regarding the events leading up to the death.
Thanks for that better info ninja. Can anyone with a medical background tell me, that in cases like this do they take blood/fluid samples, which determine if the deceased has ingested any drugs/poison?

We've all come across them, bad boys, trouble makers and drunks. The slow train towards SNLR.
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
#12
NZ_Bootneck said:
Sorry, but my feeling about the deceased are unprintable as I don't wish RR to be bought into disrepute.
I feel that most Royals would feel the same.
Did you know the guy NZ????

In my opinion you & Bergen are being harsh to the dead!
 

Ueshiba

Lantern Swinger
#13
NZ_Bootneck said:
Sorry, but my feeling about the deceased are unprintable as I don't wish RR to be bought into disrepute.
I feel that most Royals would feel the same.
Agree. This bloke would have been sorted by Royal (i.e. his mess deck oppos) before it got this.
 
#14
witsend said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
Sorry, but my feeling about the deceased are unprintable as I don't wish RR to be bought into disrepute.
I feel that most Royals would feel the same.
Did you know the guy NZ????

In my opinion you & Bergen are being harsh to the dead!
No I didn't know the man I read the reported evidence and based my opinions on those.

Of course it is unfortunate that the young man died, but if you read all of the article that Ninja posted from the Welsh news site, you will see that this guy had been a ***** ** ******* [ Offensive remark removed by NZB] for some time.
Quite frankly the Officers and SNCOs of this unit should be ashamed of themselves as this mans behaviour should have been sorted out from the very beginning.
If a Royal was drunk and not in the correct rig at a Guard parade they wouldn't have been allowed to bimble off to change into the correct rig of the day they'd have been in the cells, sharpish and only allowed out when sober and then probably with an escort. In front of the Boss next day and away for a spell of 're-education' with the Provo section.
The guy was quiet willing to be paid as a soldier but it seems he found the idea of behaving like one a little too hard.
If you find this harsh then so be it, I could give one.

Edited by NZB to remove offensive remark.
 
#15
witsend said:
Bergen said:
Anyone want to mention that he had been pissed the night afore and had been using exstacy???

'Fraid that in my dictionary sympathy falls right between sh*t and syphilis on this one.
RM
Is this fact? If the defendants knew he was a user and had taken E(drugs) the night before why are they beasting him?

After reading the BBC report, I find it hard to believe that if your worried about someones health and escorting them to the sickbay, why take the long way round and continue to beast the lad on the way?

Hmmmmm for it to reach trial makes me think that the NCO's have gone to far.

Someone has died, mother & father lose there son and who knows who else has been affected. Bit hard on the memory of the guy to say what you said Bergen.
Hard on his memory? I trust that you are joking.

RM
 
#17
Its unfortunate that a young lad died, He seemed like a right pain in the arrse i wouldnt imagine many of the old and bold in his Regiment are shedding any tears.He was playing Jack the Lad and now its game over.
 

New Posts