The Custom of the Trade

Ismene

Sundodgers and skimmers alike might be interested in a new novel that has just been published on the successful submarine campaign in the Dardanelles in 1915. The first 3 submarine VCs were won there. The Custom of the Trade is currently only available as an e-book, but will be available in paperback soon.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
One I've just finished on the Dardanelles submarine campaign is "Unheard, Unseen" by David Boyle.

99p on Kindle, worth a punt.

Ismene

I confess that I am. I am not looking for a review, but thought it might be of interest to the naval community.

Ismene

Check out Endeavour Press on Monday next week. The Custom of the Trade will be available as a free download for 5 days only.

Ismene

Thanks, Wrecker, for the recommendation of 'Unheard, Unseen'. I finished it last night and recommend it to to all submariners. Even though I am a bit of a spotter on the submarine campaign in the Dardanelles, having just had my novel on the subject published, I still learned a bit. For example, I had not realised that Boyle's successor in E14 also won the VC in the same theatre. The book is written in a very light and accessible form, much like a novel. I really enjoyed it.

Attachments

Latest Threads