The Custom of the Trade

Ismene

Sundodgers and skimmers alike might be interested in a new novel that has just been published on the successful submarine campaign in the Dardanelles in 1915. The first 3 submarine VCs were won there. The Custom of the Trade is currently only available as an e-book, but will be available in paperback soon.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
One I've just finished on the Dardanelles submarine campaign is "Unheard, Unseen" by David Boyle.

99p on Kindle, worth a punt.

Ismene

I confess that I am. I am not looking for a review, but thought it might be of interest to the naval community.

Ismene

Check out Endeavour Press on Monday next week. The Custom of the Trade will be available as a free download for 5 days only.

Ismene

Thanks, Wrecker, for the recommendation of 'Unheard, Unseen'. I finished it last night and recommend it to to all submariners. Even though I am a bit of a spotter on the submarine campaign in the Dardanelles, having just had my novel on the subject published, I still learned a bit. For example, I had not realised that Boyle's successor in E14 also won the VC in the same theatre. The book is written in a very light and accessible form, much like a novel. I really enjoyed it.

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ismene The Custom of the Trade available on promo for 99p The Book Club 1
G Custom-made orthotics Health & Fitness 3
J Custom design no 5's trouser belt and cummerbunds Hobbies & The Great Indoors 2
XS650BOBBER Custom Motorcycle Insurance Motoring 13
MoD_RSS UK statement to the WTO Committee on Trade and the Environment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA and trade bodies' joint statement against price gouging MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Department for International Trade launches modelling review to support economic recovery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Liz Truss kick-starts trade negotiations with Australia and New Zealand MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GAD helps develop support for the trade credit insurance sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Statement to the WTO Council for Trade in Goods – Item 9 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Statement to the WTO Council for Trade in Goods – Item 7 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Future Tech Trade Strategy launch MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID 19’s impact on connectivity and trade: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Liz Truss launches future trade strategy for UK tech industry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Truss opening Statement at launch of UK Japan trade talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Japan start trade negotiations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Trade Credit Insurance backed by £10 billion guarantee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Trade Commissioners to lead UK trade and investment overseas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement to the Committee on Trade and Development MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Funding boost to crack down on the Illegal Wildlife Trade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Second Reading of the Trade Bill 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement to the WTO Trade Negotiations Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to support businesses through Trade Credit Insurance guarantee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Liz Truss kick-starts trade negotiations with Japan   MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Matthew Salter is the new UK trade attaché to Israel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC announces new Directors General for Borders and Trade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Truss opening statement, call with the US Trade Representative MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint Statement of UK International Trade Secretary Liz Truss and USTR Robert Lighthizer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and US start trade negotiations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Trade Remedies Authority Chief Executive Designate steps down MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Exchanging information during UK-US trade agreement negotiations MoD News 0
Joint_Force_Harrier Trade Badge The Fleet 6
MoD_RSS Alterations to services - trade marks and designs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK-US trade negotiations to start this month as Minister of State for Trade Policy visits US East coast MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Mexico commit to collaboration on climate change and trade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Britain is back: Liz Truss calls for new rules at WTO to tackle unfair trade practices MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Elizabeth Truss outlines bold new era for trade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement to the WTO Trade Negotiations Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Liz Truss kick-starts UK-US trade talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS International Trade Secretary meets US Trade Representative MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Statement to the WTO Technical Barriers to Trade Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement to the WTO Committee on Trade and Development - 48th Session on Aid for Trade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK is taking forward future trade and investment relationship with Japan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Trade Minister champions UK SMEs in US ahead of trade talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK aiming for early trade deal with Australia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letters to businesses about trade arrangements after the UK has left the EU MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Brexit coin, light display and ‘Ready to Trade’ campaign among plans to mark 31 January, reveals PM MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK aims to be Africa’s partner of choice for trade and investment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Africa Minister backs trade and investment opportunities in Angola MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Trade Minister hails lasting partnership with Morocco ahead of UK-Africa Investment Summit MoD News 0