THE CREATION MUSEUM [Adam and Eve and the Dinosaurs]

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Bergen, Jun 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. You couldn't dream some of this stuff up:

A couple of weeks ago the new multi-million dollar Creation Museum opened in Kentucky. The museum completely stands any scientific theory about evolution on it's head and the place is packed every day with fundamentalist christians.

Amongst the exibits are:

A diorama showing 'proof' that the Earth is no more than 6000 years old.

Definite proof that Noah's flood occured and formed the Grand Canyon within a few days.

A demonstration on how coal is formed within a few months, not over the course of millions of years as we dumb Brits have always supposed.

A perfectly formed Eve with immaculate flowing hair emerging from Adam's rib-cage.

An animated Triceratops complete with saddle blanket and saddle as ridden by Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.

'Proof' that Noah's Ark carried all the pairs of animals including every type of dinosaur.

A cute little diorama showing two biblical children playing with two mechanical baby dinosaurs.

This would be funny if it were just confined to the lunatic fringe but there are a lot of people who believe this version of evolution implicitly and are waiting for The Rapture.

Only problem is that The Rapture can't happen until nuclear war sparks Armageddon in the Middle-East. Bummer :thumright:

RM

2. "Only problem is that The Rapture can't happen until nuclear war sparks Armageddon in the Middle-East."

Tch...there's always a catch eh??....... :pukel:

3. But there is always a bright side of life. My favourite part of the exhibit was - The incest that must have occured between Adam and Eve's children if the biblical version is to be believed is explained away very neatly:

It wasn't a sin because not enough sin had accumulated in the human body. Any birth defects that now occur due to incest are not caused by damage to the encoded genome of our spiral, double-helix DNA but because sin has accumulated in our bodies......simple eh!!!!

RM

4. wow, how simple these things must be for these people... just do as someone tells you, think how they want you to think...

a slave by any other name is still a slave.

5. I love creationists. Intelligent design, what a contradiction in terms. I once asked a religious type if he doesn't believe in evolution (DNA and mutation) then why does he get a flu shot every year? (for those not up on inoculations, if it doesn't mutate then you only need one shot to stimulate an immune response, maybe a booster now and then) He got a right sad on then tried to tell me when the rapture comes I'll be "left behind". Seems to be a basic tenet, instill a gripping fear that you'll be left behind. They have even gone so far as to create a video game about it to try and whip up young converts.

So, I suppose the fossil record is all planted by us "science fools". That and forging the decay rates of C-14 (radiocarbon dating) to show dinosaurs as 75 million years old. I have met people who fervently believe that men have one less rib than women, despite the obvious evidence that this is not true.

On the upside, if coal is formed in a few months I suppose we can all stop worrying about it running out then......... :thumright:

6. Its scary sh#t like this that makes me sleep less soundly.....and worry more what sort of a world my kids will inhabit, with brainwashed religious zealots lining up against each other in the US and the Middle East............................. Allah says this.....God says that......... my Gods better than your God!!! Like a playground fight, only 1 side has thermo-nukes to play with, and the other side are pushing for them fast..........Fcuk it getting depressed now!!

7. "And as you can see from the bite marks on the arse of this wooly mammoth, the T-Rex must have gotten hungry on the journey and unfortunately doomed the mammoth to extinction"

please prayerfully consider a gift of $1200.......
    Chasers war on everything: Evangelicals

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Oh ye of little faith..... standby to be smitten with a rafia thingy, which you can't remember where you put it. Even though it was there only the night before. Consider the lillies.....

Erm, OK me too.

Load of Bollox.

9. As a member of the flat earth society I am amazed how these religious zealots can be made to believe such tripe. it is obvious what happenned to the Dino's they simply fell of the rim of the earth.

10. While the creationists themselves are ridiculous, they are motivated and organised. Several school districts in the United States, mostly in the Southern states (theres a surprise), have been forced to place stickers in Biology and other science TEXTBOOKS stating that evolution is only a theory and that creationism is just as valid.
    This is achieved by fundamentalist Christians in a school district turning up to School Board meetings and demanding votes on the issue. The 'normal' parent doesn't attend and so a minority dictate a fallacy to the majority. As the rest of the worlds fundamentalist Christians follow the US lead, watch this space in UK schools...The system may be different but, they will try.
    Educators and Scientists are extremely worried about the future of science in the United States as this type of pseudo 'science' is promoted by religious bigots with their own agendas.
    NZB

11. Maybe I should go to this exhibit, because I would like to accumulate sin in my body!

WTF are they on about? Are they now experts in medical science?

'encoded genome of our spiral, double-helix DNA' They should be writing scripts for Dr Who!

When I was applying to go to Saudi in 96' you had to state a religion. You couldn't say you were an aethiest or agnostic, or they wouldn't hire you. I desparately wanted to say I was agnostic, but finally HAD to put christian.

Should have laughed if they had allowed me to say this:

Religon Nurse Pinta: Having a good time!

12. Americans believe in both evolution, creationism: poll

Published: Friday June 8, 2007

Asked their views on whether human life is a result of God's creation or a product of evolution, one quarter of Americans chose both conflicting theories, a poll suggested Friday.
    "All told, 25 percent say that both creationism and evolution are definitely or probably true," USA Today said.
    Overall, more Americans expressed a strong belief in creationism, or the theory that God created humans in their present form at a single period in time within the last 10,000 years.
    A full 66 percent said they believed in creationism, with 39 percent of those polled saying it was definitely true and 27 percent believing it was probably true.
    But 53 percent said they believed in evolution, the scientific theory that humans developed over millions of years from less advanced forms of life. Eighteen percent said evolution was definitely true, while 35 percent said it was probably true.
    The results were released in a USA Today/Gallup poll of 1,007 adults, taken between June 1-3. The margin of error was three percent.
    The polarizing issue of how life came to be has worked its way into US classrooms in recent years. Some states have enacted legislation that says teachers must include critical analysis of Charles Darwin's evolutionary theory.
    More recently, the question divided Republican presidential candidates who traditionally represent the Christian conservative elements of US society, with three answering in last month's debate that they do not believe in evolution.

13. Thank God for Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris and Christopher Hitchens :)

14. Nope....no Raptors here....so it took approximately 7 days for
    everything to evolve....and a further "x" million years to develop
    the Ipod.

[​IMG]