The crap journalism thread.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by SONAR-BENDER, Apr 16, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK, I have had enough of lazy journos (hi if you're reading this for ideas!) who do not do proper research or spell checking. Publish and be damned!!

Time and again we on RR have to put up with 'the HMS X' and other errors etc.

So, in a case of 'don't get mad, get even' let's put all their mistakes in one place, for the amusement of RRers and the embarassment of journos.

I'll start the ball rolling with the tale of a radar that destroys missiles. Only it doesn't. It is a radar which IDENTIFIES targets which are then engaged by the ship's missile system. Royal Navy shows off latest radar system which can knock missiles out of sky | Mail Online

Please add you tale of woe below!

2. The Mail on Sunday printed a load of shit about the MAA relaxing its rules to allow rivet joint to fly.

****ing awful rag.

3. But it is good for lighting fires, wrapping chips in, shredding for chicken bedding .... :bounce:

4. Although it's no longer current, I'd like to include the following:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ire-9ft-torpedo-warship-nuclear-dockyard.html

Purely for the following sentences:

"The 45kg projectile flew 200 yards through the air and hit a metal container."

"and two 12.75in 'Sting Ray' torpedo tubes, which are normally submerged below the water but were exposed by the tide at the time of Wednesday's accident."

Unfortunately I can no longer find The Suns' artists impression with the 12 foot flame shooting out the back of the torpedo.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

• Like Like x 2
  5. And not forgetting... Daily Wail Uses...jpg :toilet::rofl::rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  6. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I probably deleted that. Sorry.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You're getting ever closer to being asked to leave Mount Olympus you know.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Fixed. Other brands of camera are available.

9. From the Sunday time

Full astern! Britain?s new aircraft carrier won?t fit into port | The Sunday Times

Apart from the fact that this was know about quite some time ago, (the Gleaner surveyed the Solent and Dockyard approaches to see how much dredging would be required) its also the line

'3.2m cubic meters'

3.2 cubic meters is fine, 3.2m3 is also fine (if I could get the 3 to stand a little higher) but 3.2m cubic meters is just fcuked up

10. 3.2 million cubic metres...

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

11. If it is 3.2 million, then that's what they should have put (could not read the full article as I do not subscribe)

12. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

3.2 cubic metres is better ( if short of the mark ).