The Corps

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Granddad, Sep 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To all you Matelots and Pongo's. When I joined the Corps we believed we were the best of the Navy and Army rollrd up into one.

2. When you joined the Corps they probably had Flintlocks as well

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

When you joined the Corps we HAD an Army and a Navy... :cry:

4. When I joined the Navy we didn't have a Corp. What the fcuk is a Corp? :roll:

5. Every person who joins the armed forces should have pride in their unit/ship/regiment or squadron that they served in. Its called PRIDE and that's what makes the British Forces some of the very best in the world.

Greendeath 8)

6. When I joined the Corps and doing my seamanship training on the Vanguard (the last floating battleship in the RN, that was for you youngsters) :wink:
    We used to row up the Fareham Creek which was full of mothballed ships. If some baa-lamb started a war would have been blown to smithereens. Now we have to rely on civvy ships to transport us :!:
    But as I get older I become more Corps pissed. I am very proud of serving the mob that is the best trained in the world :D The yanks go in mobhanded we go in using our brains. In 1961 while I was on the Victorious we sailed from Hong Kong to the Persian Gulf to stop the Iraq'is from invading Kuwait. The Iraqi's changed their minds when we got there :twisted: By the way I believe there were a few other Marines there with a Pongo :twisted:
    GO THE ROYALS :!: :!: :!: