The Corps

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Granddad said:
To all you Matelots and Pongo's. When I joined the Corps we believed we were the best of the Navy and Army rollrd up into one.
When you joined the Corps we HAD an Army and a Navy... :cry:

Dabs

Lantern Swinger
Granddad said:
To all you Matelots and Pongo's. When I joined the Corps we believed we were the best of the Navy and Army rollrd up into one.
When I joined the Navy we didn't have a Corp. What the fcuk is a Corp? :roll:

Greendeath

Lantern Swinger
Every person who joins the armed forces should have pride in their unit/ship/regiment or squadron that they served in. Its called PRIDE and that's what makes the British Forces some of the very best in the world.

Greendeath 8)

Granddad said:
When I joined the Corps and doing my seamanship training on the Vanguard (the last floating battleship in the RN, that was for you youngsters) :wink:
We used to row up the Fareham Creek which was full of mothballed ships. If some baa-lamb started a war would have been blown to smithereens. Now we have to rely on civvy ships to transport us :!:
But as I get older I become more Corps pissed. I am very proud of serving the mob that is the best trained in the world :D The yanks go in mobhanded we go in using our brains. In 1961 while I was on the Victorious we sailed from Hong Kong to the Persian Gulf to stop the Iraq'is from invading Kuwait. The Iraqi's changed their minds when we got there :twisted: By the way I believe there were a few other Marines there with a Pongo :twisted:
GO THE ROYALS :!: :!: :!:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L The Corps 1
R The Corps 2
Young_Spike The Corps 2