Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Commando Helicopter Force

Exeter10

Hello,
I’m wondering if someone could help me or point me in the right direction. There are similar threads already up but when I click on them I get “404 error” or they are very outdate, nevertheless
I’ve got my entry date to join Raleigh as an AET and I’m wondering about squadrons after you qualify. Ideally I want to join squadron 845 or 846, CHF. My question is do you get given a squadron or do you choose or give a preference etc. Cheers

Waspie

War Hero
Firstly, understand your wanting info BUT!!!
Try not to get too far ahead of yourself.
Raleigh first, concentrate o getting through phase 1. Then HMS Sultan and phase 2. #Maxpowers has recently been through it as a AET, so having a read of his experience may assist and possibly even answer some of your questions.
As for CFH and the 'Junglie' world, hopefully, someone serving or more recent can guide you on how selection or drafting goes in these modern times.
Good luck and don't run before you can walk. One step at a time.:)

Exeter10

Hi Waspie,
Thank you for your reply and yes I’m definitely getting ahead of myself got a long way to go yet. I’ll have a look at Max’s experiences, thank you Again

InstaDan

Lantern Swinger
It may have changed in recent years, but you'd normally put your draft preferences in when you are at Sultan, but the service puts you where it needs you.

However, class leaders were guaranteed their first choice.

You can swap with people (like I did) if someone doesn't want to go to their draft but you do.

Maxpowers

Lantern Swinger
so I have two weeks left at sultan now. Concentrate on fitness and being a tidy human I know two lads who ended up being spat out because they couldn’t iron a shirt to A4. 2B is an intense course you learn a wide variety of things but not too in depth. you HAVE to revise regularly or you will fail and be back classed and then spat out as someone I know has been... as for drafts if you want CHF you will more than likely get it as loads of lads don’t fancy green and just want to be beach bums..... and it seems they always have a large requirement for 2b lads maybe because they are bringing in MK4.
Sultan is what you make of it .The accom is basic like they don’t charge you basic haha but if your not in with a bunch of mongs ( this seems increasingly likely looking at the newer classes it seems a reverse scale of human evolution) then you should have a laugh like I have .

Exeter10

Hi Max, Congrats on nearly finishing And thank you for your words of advice I’ll definitely take them onboard. What squadron you wanting to join? And why if you don’t mind me asking

Maxpowers

Lantern Swinger
Hi Max, Congrats on nearly finishing And thank you for your words of advice I’ll definitely take them onboard. What squadron you wanting to join? And why if you don’t mind me asking
. Personally 815 wildcat I think its a cool cab and I want to do the winchman course, although CHF equally looks decent Im outdoorsy so Id feel at home with some of the stuff they get up to. Ill get what I get the needs of the service.....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Commando helicopter force The Fleet Air Arm 9
C Commando Helicopter Force The Fleet Air Arm 49
redmonkey My life with Commando Helicopter Force Diamond Lil's 11
R Commando helicopter force The Corps 3
Blake29 Commando Helicopter Force The Fleet Air Arm 14
U Commando Helicopter Force get to grips with new gun Current Affairs 2
H Commando Helicopter Force (CHF) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
theymademedoit Commando Helicopter Force Motto's!!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
soleil Wells Journal: "Praise For Commando Helicopter Operations" The Corps 0
B Can I wear athletic tape during Royal Marine Commando training ? Joining the Royal Navy 7
soleil FB: Green Dagger - A Film By 40 Commando Royal Marines The Corps 0
soleil Plymouth Live: "Watch Royal Marines Lead Commando Group Go Wild In The Jungle" The Corps 3
S All Arms Commando Course, Writer Branch Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
M Royal Navy Commando Dinner Social & Reunions 4
Z FAA COMMANDO CREWMAN HELP... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
M 148 Battery Commando UPO 15
M Wearing commando flashes. The Quarterdeck 36
A 40 Commando RM / Welsh Guards ..For the record..... The Corps 16
soleil RMC Scotland: Royal Marines Commando Dinner - Glasgow - 13 June 2018 The Corps 5
B X Commando Social & Reunions 5
R commando to officer Joining the Royal Navy 3
Hanzzimmer Royal Navy Commando? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
P What happened when Superman took on the Commando Challenge Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS News story: Armed Forces Minister visits 40 Commando Royal Marines MoD News 0
D All arms commando course. UPO/Careers Office 105
dapperdunn The Commando who refused to die Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 4
R 3 Commando Brigade help The Corps 9
S Commando Training School The Corps 80
A Royal Marines Commando School The Corps 11
Seaweed 48(RM) Commando The Corps 1
matt93 Commando Reurn to the front line Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
dapperdunn Commando: Return to the front line Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 0
soleil Commando Aviation Heritage Dinner In Aid Of The FNHT - 23rd June 2014 The Fleet Air Arm 0
H some thing about Royal Navy Commando The Gash Barge 83
Ageing_Gracefully Book Competition FALKLANDS COMMANDO by Hugh McManners Competitions 17
soleil Herald: "Search For Photos Of RM Captain Who Died In Commando Display Accident" The Corps 0
J All Arms Commando Course Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
soleil Telegraph: "Go Commando Charity Calendar" The Corps 12
T 40 Commando trains in California The Corps 15
F Standing Task Commando Royal Marines Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Ageing_Gracefully Commando: Winning WW2 Behind Enemy Lines Competitions 4
S Commando Spirit Charity Appeal The Corps 1
soleil Union J 'Go Commando' To Support Poppy Picnics Charity 9
E Commando dagger The Corps 3
T RN/Commando Aircrew Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 80
T 40 Commando Royal Marines welcome home parade details The Corps 2
Ninja_Stoker Potential Royal Marines Commando - PRMC Forum Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
soleil "Helmand - Diaries Of Front Line Soldiers" - 40 Commando The Corps 1
MoD_RSS News story: Commando medics ready for contingency operations MoD News 0
soleil Navy News: "Commando Medics Ready to Join RM Around The World After Gory 2 Week Ex" The Corps 0