The Church of the Almighty AIB Soup

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by WannabePilot, Jun 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please move this to where most appropriate.

Personally I have to say that the soup at AIB is fantastic. All should bow and praise the almighty soup!

From the French Onion soup to the Stilton & Broccoli ("Cheese taste and cool green stuff").

The soup is really great, all praise the amazing soup.

Please discuss how the soup has effected your life below.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2011
  2. Has young Wannabe just been AIB'd?
  3. Super time eh?

Congratulations. Commiserations.

Please man up & delete as appropriate; the suspenders are killing us. :wink:
  4. I'm hoping he's pissed in the cocked hat.....
  5. I just hope he's found the wife that he's been searching for.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hmmn, wonder if depositing a dockyard pizza over Captain AIB's gun-dog, pinching N2's bum whilst winking coquettishly and wrapping your arm around TSO's shoulder, informing him he's your bestest oppo, would adversely affect the selection decision for potential aircrew?
  7. I suspect it'd lead straight to a Wings parade for FA2....
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ah yes, the twenty-minuters...

9. He might go up diddly up.....
  10. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

I thought AIB was at BRNC these days?
  11. Nah, it's back at SULTAN. I don't think Capt AIB liked Dartmouth....
  12. Ninja_Stoker

But they're still...
  13. I can only imagine that young Wannabe is still propped against the bar in the Cocked Hat; either that or she/he is still in bed sleeping off the mother of all hangovers after her/his celebrations ...

Only time will tell ...
  14. gits........:-D
  15. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

How cot death missed you out is a mystery that demands an immediate medical answer.

I take it you've never been to a restaurant where the waiters spit in your food.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  16. ======================================================

OK - I'll take a gamble on WannabeeP's result;

I'll wager a bowlful of Garlicky Croutons to a sachet of Cup-a-Soup that he failed miserably at his AIB.

1. He desperately wants to let us know that he attended but seems to be in deep denial with his witterings about the quality of Knorr's finest. (A commiseratory 10 out of 10 there for obtuse originality. :wink:)

2. He was on the borderline but what let him down was the uncouth way he slurped down his soup at mealtimes. No one at RR had seen fit to advise him of the correct Wardroom method of soup etiquette so we must all share the blame and shame for that.

3. Had he passed that AIB I reckon that he'd be on here two-six; with glowing accounts of his derring does, sprinkling gems of seasoned advice and ditting-on about how he even bedded the wardroom galley grismal soup dragon afterwards.

4. The Board noted his unnatural penchant for soup but considered that he'd never be able to survive on the watery gruel served elsewhere in the RN; the kindest result was therefore a Fail.

5. He hasn't been back to comment because he's too busy re-incarnating himself at PRUNE and queueing up at the RAF AFCO desk. Their soup is much better, too.

OTOH I could be wrong........Any other speculations/guesses?
  17. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I have an inkling that he fell face down into his soup bowl and drowned
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ninja_Stoker

Agreed. Failed swimming test.

19. When is that lecture? Have I missed something from the BRNC thread?
  20. Subsunk

Subsunk Badgeman Book Reviewer

'AIB relocation remains the aspiration' as I was told by someone managerial. I smiled pleasantly at that, thinking about boiling a kettleful of water and throwing it in his face.