The Boxing Bluejacket!

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by jesse, Aug 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :naka: Being a silly old sod with circumstances keeping me close to home:home: I've been researching the comics of my boyhood and early teenage years Late 1940s 1950s. Most were in written form not pictured and these started me reading. I've tracked most of the characters down except one;- "The Boxing Bluejacket" a square rigged rating who was a boxer. I think he may have been in "The Champion" the stories were told in picture form and the rigs of that era were accurate eg. fore and aft for scribes, cooks and dusties.;-P Can anyone help me track him down? Alf Tupper who I have a few wets with in The Bell was a pongo Royal Artillery.:cry:
  2. Well the sun is going down which means Rumrat will come wandering in out of the gloom, (he was known as the poxy bluejacket) he thinks its still 1950 so may be able to help, if not try wrecker he looks after the old fool and has to listen to his ramblings and may have picked up something during one of his more lucid moments.

3. Snigger...........

Amoxcyllin might help!!
  4. Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  5. :bounce: Hi Sweetpea .Thanks yet again Jesse xxxxxxxxx:love:
  6. Just had to google that, looking at the side effects I think Rummers must be mainlining the stuff

Side-effects are as those for other beta-lactam antibiotics. Side-effects include nausea, vomiting, rashes, and antibiotic-associated colitis. Loose bowel movements (diarrhoea) may also occur. Rarer side-effects include mental changes, lightheadedness, insomnia, confusion, anxiety, sensitivity to lights and sounds, and unclear thinking. Immediate medical care is required upon the first signs of these side-effects.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Yes I do get those symptoms, but its not drug induced, its just the affects you and Sharky have on me.
    It's like being stalked by the Derby and Joan club.
    You missed of the suicidal bit.
    You're off to France soon aren't you? (Please God).
    I bet the twats got Internet access there as well.