The Bosuns call

Discussion in 'History' started by scouse, Aug 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  2. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

One of the funniest books I've met about Lower deck life. Heightened for me because Willis' Jimmy, Joe Bartosik, was later my Captain. Difficult hardly begins to describe him. Willis I knew personally long ago when he & I were Lts. Having read the book I'm amazed Joe didn't tear up Willis' CW papers!

3. book sorted:blob2: Your requested book, "The Bosun's Call," is now available to collect from the desk at the Library!!!!!!. and holiday sorted, just taking Unbroken by Laura Hillendbrand as a back up^_~ you know the bird who wrote Seabiscuit....what a pen!!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  4. :thumbdown: Joe Bartosick gave me a kit muster, Singapore 1959. in retirement he lived just outside Moreton in Marsh Glos. My sister in law was his P.A. He crossed the bar about five years ago and is buried in a beautiful[No other word for it] country churchyard. I have a photograph of his headstone but with my basic gear i can't do links.:pc:

5. Ha! Ha! The ' Polish ' First Lieutenant. ..... get out at Vunce Villis! Lol

6. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/rrpedia/HMS_London_(GMD) is a pointer to what I wrote up about my time in HMS London but also to Joe's obits in Times and Telegraph.

Joe's malice was always subtle and well controlled except once when he blew up on the bridge because the midshipman reporting a ballsup over the port seaboat was smiling. He stopped my leave once, for something that was nothing to do with me, but considering what I got away with I reckon I was ultimately in credit on the account.