The bootneck/army thing!

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by sadmann_insane!!, Oct 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How many other bootneck get asked "How long have you been in the army"or similar questions, because it grips the sh*t of all the lads i've ever know in the corps?
  2. Not sure about that but was wondering how many instruments you can play on average? :roll: :wink:

3. Dont know about the Corps mate, but I know RMR blokes are constantly subjected to "So, how long have you been in the TA"

Cue red mist...... :evil:
  4. ??????????????
  5. RM band i think
  7. Dont see why Sadman the RM Band being the finest military band bar none, the Booties dont like being asked what instrument they play, if in doubt, ask a Bootie.
  9. The next bloke that ask's me how life is in the army or if i'm in the f"cking army is going to get a slap i'm threaders with it,civvies don't know that bootnecks are in the navy and proud of the fact,c"nts. :roll:
  10. I've lost track of the number of times you see servicemen on the news and the newsreader always refers to them as "soldiers" despite their clearly being marines/sailors/airmen. Op Fresco was the most consistently bad example. "Army on Call to Battle Fires" blares the headline, vidclip/picture shows a Chief Stoker and 5 sailors manhandling hoses around a Green Goddess.

11. The photograph you have in your profile is Yankee Company 45 Commando during the Falklands War. If I had a quid for every person who asked me if I was in the Army during my service I'd be mega rich!!