The Boarding Party

chockhead819

War Hero
Not knowing about these things but would the Leading Seaman been in charge of the boarding? In my ignorance I always assumed an officer or Snr Rate at the least or have i missed something with all the focus being on the lady?

kingoftwigs

War Hero
There will be an officer in charge, the focus is on Topsy because she is the only female and, I stand to be corrected, the first british female they have captured. Add to that she is a mother, bigger news stories and bigger shock effect.

War Hero
Things may have changed but the times I've been out there the Boarding Officer was one of the non-bridge watchkeeping junior officers.

A killick spec would be helming the RIB.

It's a good bit of psychological ops exploiting her in the way that they are, it presses lots of buttons with other Muslim states, as I think both Squirrel and Bergen pointed out in another thread, plus it presses different buttons in a western secular society as well. Although playing the 'we might release her, we might not' message is a high risk approach, frankly it sickens me that they're doing that.

The battle right now is over the moral high ground, I don't really know who has it.

danny

War Hero
the coxan is in charge of the boat no matter if theres an admiral in there the coxan is in charge. So yes she was in charge of the rib.

the_matelot

War Hero
Gents,

Please keep to the topic of boarding parties in general.

If any deviation occurs and this turns into another discussion about the current situation out in the Gulf, I will lock this thread.

Thank you.

smoothbore

Lantern Swinger
As an OOW in Type 22 in the Adriatic in the 90s I was OIC Boarding Party. We "rapid roped" from a Lynx & were recovered by Boat. A Seaman Spec drove the boat & the Boarding party consisted of a small party of RM for protection, an RO and a mixed party of junior ratings as searchers. There were 2 Boarding parties allowing round the clock ops, if necessary.

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
The Cox'n is responsible for the boat, and as such has authority over personnel embarked. He/She drives the boat as directed by the Boarding Officer who has command of the overall operation.

pingbosun

Lantern Swinger
silverfox said:
The Cox'n is responsible for the boat, and as such has authority over personnel embarked. He/She drives the boat as directed by the Boarding Officer who has command of the overall operation.
You have it the correct way mate, and it was the same way when we used to board the Icelandic gunboats way back the end of the 50's and into the 60's. and NO we didn't go across under sails :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

pingie.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Stirling Boarding Party Diamond Lil's 9
hamisatypeofcheese Boarding Party Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
Spiced Buoy Naval Boarding Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
T Boarding Parties The Fleet 4
A Boarding parties ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
soleil YouTube: "Royal Marines Boarding Skills On Display" The Corps 8
MoD_RSS HMS Sutherland begins boarding operations off Libya Current Affairs 0
trelawney126 Boarding School. Courts Martial of Cdr. Current Affairs 78
TheCommunicator Boarding school - CEA Nearest & Dearest 8
XS650BOBBER boarding parties? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
burnsy85 What trade do you have to be , to go in boarding partys Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
C Boarding Officers The Fleet 10
M boarding teams Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
S The perfect ship for boarding ops in the Gulf... The Fleet 3
N Boarding Parties Diamond Lil's 21
dunjamon Mountain Biking/Boarding Social & Reunions 5
T NAVY SEALS EXERCISE THEIR BOARDING TECHNIQUES Submariners 5
Handler RN to resume Boarding patrols Current Affairs 7
PartTimer Attempted Boarding Current Affairs 10
SONAR-BENDER Trenchant's party..... Diamond Lil's 33
MoD_RSS Letter to the Loan Charge All-Party Parliamentary Group about communications with HMRC customers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter from Penny Ciniewicz to the Loan Charge All Party Parliamentary Group MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Embassy commemorates the Queen’s Birthday Party MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter from Jim Harra to the Loan Charge All Party Parliamentary Group MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Party representations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fines for captain and owner of party boat which collided with police dock and vessel MoD News 0
E What is your opinion on the DUP? (Democratic Unionist Party of Northern Ireland) Current Affairs 16
MoD_RSS Speech: Ambassador Jeff Glekin's speech at the Queen's Birthday Party MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: British Ambassador speech at the Queen's Birthday Party MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: British High Commissioner, Scott Wightman's speech at HM the Queen's Birthday Party 2019 MoD News 0
J Naval Party 8902 Falkland Islands - Hovercraft SRN6 The Fleet Air Arm 4
MoD_RSS Speech: Queen’s Birthday Party celebration in Mombasa, Kenya MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: H.E Iain Walker speaking at the Queen's Birthday Party 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: ESFA introduces new arrangements for related party transactions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Ban of third party sales of puppies and kittens, known as ‘Lucy’s Law’, confirmed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Help us spread the word on safety during party season MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Prime Minister's speech to the Republican Party conference 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: First major contribution from external party for Baleen software MoD News 0
Stirlin Adult Advent/Bachelor Do/Hen Party/Pub Crawl Route. Diamond Lil's 44
onions Pissing Party The Corps 6
soleil Western Daily Press: "Devonport To Host Navy's First Gay Wedding Party" Bases / Shore Est 101
soleil Sunday Mirror: "Christmas Party Smiles Hide Painful Bond Of Losing Fathers" Charity 0
soleil Channel 4: "Armed Forces’ Involvement In Sectarian Rangers ‘Party’ Was A PR Disaster" Current Affairs 89
wet_blobby The End of the World is nigh.......... party on Diamond Lil's 32
soleil Party With Dinosaurs Charity 2
N That party last night........ The Gash Barge 19
BillyNoMates Lets get the party started. Diamond Lil's 0
W Labour Party Offer To HMAF & Veterans (Merged Threads) Current Affairs 20
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Party Pooped Current Affairs 9
soleil Courier: "Big Party At Rosyth To Celebrate Goliath Crane's Full Testing Phase" The Fleet 1