The big pic.

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Haggis_Catcher, Apr 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The main pic above all the latest topics usually showing a harrier or a destroyer for example is not appearing and I am getting words crayoned over the latest topics. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me.

2. Normally when that happens to me I just refresh the page a couple of times and it's ok.

3. no its been like it a couple of days now doing my nut in.

4. Have you tried a different browser? Clearing your cookies? Can't think of anything else at the moment.

5. Must be something to do with chrome as its fine on firefox.

6. Chrome is fine with me.

7. Right - I've checked on Chrome and I can't see any problem

The "Big Pic" you're referring to - is this where the Patch Pedia picture is now?

Send a link to the bit you're looking at as I can't see any issues on IE (spits), Chrome, Firefox or Opera.

Ta

8. Perhaps chrome needs an update.

9. this is all I see while on chrome.
    [​IMG]

10. Are you running the latest version of Chrome? I've seen some rendering issues on older releases.

11. I can't see what's wrong with that screenshot except that it looks at though you're zoomed in. Is the problem that you can't scroll up from the area shown so can't see the header? Have you tried crtl- to zoom out?

If it's not a zoom problem then I will try and cure whatever the problem is, but it may have to wait until next week. In the mean time can I politely suggest you move to a mainstream browser if it bothers you? Firefox, IE, Safari or Opera.

12. It's 'cause the picture's massive. Scroll along to the right and look at the "latest topics" area.

EDIT: Instead of the usual picture (an advert today) rendering, it's just failing and the text is being pushed onto the latest topics section and there's nothing where the pic/advert should be.

13. I have honestly looked at this on Chrome (seems there was an update on 6 April 2010?) and it is absolutely fine on my version of Chrome.

14. Strange as google chrome is updated maybe my computers time of the month or something. I will just use fire fox for a day or 2 see if it sorts itself out.

15. Haggis go to the tool icon and select options, then in "under the bonnet" press clear browsing history. Hopefully this will sort your problems out, apart from being a jock that is :p

Dusty

16. I'm having the same problem, albeit not on chrome. Just the regular internet explorer!

17. Clear your cookies, see if that does anything.

18. Will do when I got on my laptop! :)

19. Rumration, FaceBook, Ladbrokes and the Sun.

HG is a man's man!