The banning of the george cross flag

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by david1951, May 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spotted this gem on my rounds. My home town of radstock somerset has banned the flying of st.georges flag because of an incident during the crusades???!!!!. The council in their wisdom doesnt want to offend the small group of muslims in town. Did we not fight 2 world wars for the right to fly our flag. Did we not defend the falklands for their right to fly their flag.we have no say as to whether we want a mosque next door or not. Try building a chapel in iraq. We are becoming a minor voice in our own country.give a dog to much meat it will turn on you. Stop feeding the dogs.!!!!!!!! Done

• Like Like x 3
  2. Used to drive through on the way to bath from VL, always seems pretty grim and grey, a few flags would brighten the place up.

This is getting beyond a joke, read in the paper today some insurance company has devised a sharia compliant policy now!

3. I am sorry, but certain people will take offence to this post. I give it an hour before your local council tries to take it down... =D

So who is voting UKIP this year?

• Like Like x 1
  4. What is the problem, surely the flag is the symbol of the country not of the countries religious beliefs.

5. Deus vult!!!

6. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Allow me to answer each point in turn.

1. Contrary to popular belief, the St George's cross was not the flag of the crusades. There were several crusades and the St George's cross was the flag of the Knights Templar, who made up a small part of the Christian army (as an aside, the battle flag of their fleet was the jolly roger). If anything, the Three Lions (they're really leopards by the way) should be banned after Richard I put hundreds of Muslims to the sword.

2. No

3. There are several churches and chapels in Iraq, as Christianity is quite a popular religion there.

But does he though? Templars again eh?

Last edited: May 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Councils don't have moderator permissions on Rum Ration. Bummer.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oops! Note to self - read the whole thread. Sorry rat!

Last edited: May 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Hilariously fuckwit-fat threads like this seem to come around every 6 months or so on here. Thankfully they get shorter every time as the originators quickly disappear up their own cunt in a fit of poleslurpery.

• Like Like x 4
  10. sure your names not sharia

11. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Amusing story from some years ago.

My late brother lived on the Isle of Wight and I often visited him on holiday. On one visit I was with some of his friends, natives of said Island, and I remarked that I had seen plenty of flags flying on the Island but I had not noticed the English flag. Oh yes there is, said the yokels, sorry locals and pointed them out. I had a wonderful afternoon explaining to them that they had pointed to the Union Flag and not the English flag. Take a lot of educating these fuckers as they insisted time after time that the Union Flag was the English Flag. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Things have changed in the past few years and the Union Flag is being replaced in many places with the English, Cross of St George, Flag, and quite rightly so.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Is that really the best you can come up with when your rant is ripped to shreads?

Nice to see that like so many other great patriots you struggle so much with the language of the country that gives you a bulge in your pants.

• Like Like x 2
  13. England, like much of the western world, is fucked! Live with it! :neutral:

• Like Like x 1
  14. I have not been called a nazi yet. What is going on??

• Like Like x 4
  15. Dont forget the nativity bits and bobs being banned at Chrimbo "in case it offends" thats a annual

16. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

NAZI YET

Happy now?

TEY IZAN (Just incase you need the mirror version) :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Genius! That could double up as my convert name too. You're not as daft as you come across.

• Like Like x 1
  18. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Here to help...

19. The flag of st george is only banned if you want it to be banned, People have to stop doing what their local council tells them to do on issues like this, Ha! Its really funny how we should mention councils i was on a bus the other day and i passed lambeth councils civic office in Brixton south london and it had the gay pride flag flying high they of all people wouldnt even dream of having either the flag of st george or the union flag flying at their building funny that.