The Ashes - The Oval

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by The_Jimmy, Aug 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok its down to this match. A win for Australia we keep the ashes, a draw the Aussies retain the ashes.

What ever happens I hope its a great game of cricket and that it is not interupted by rain.
  2. why is bopara still in the england team..
  3. They should lift the ban on the "Barmy Army" bugler. He may be needed, if only to sound the last post!

4. The Last Post for England at the Oval eh?...I'll drink to that! :twisted: :) 8) :wink:
  5. Bill Cooper aka the trumpeter is back, welcomed with open arms by the Surrey CCC :D :D :D
  6. The day so far.

An ex-colleague - Aussie - already on the phone from a Melbourne bar where he's spending the rest of the evening. No sympathy.

Scottish colleague - no sympathy.

Mancunian colleague - going to the Oval. Text updates promised unless the beer kicks in.

Digital radio - no signal!! Tecchie working on it. Internet access secured just in case.

It's going to be a very long day.
  7. One of the cricket pundits I heard discussing this on the radio this morning was saying that the spinbowlers will be key to an England victory and that Panesar should play.
  8. Teams:

England - Andrew Strauss (capt), Alastair Cook, Ian Bell, Paul Collingwood, Jonathan Trott, Matt Prior, Andrew Flintoff, Stuart Broad, Graham Swann, James Anderson, Steve Harmison.

Australia - Shane Watson, Simon Katich, Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Clarke, Mike Hussey, Marcus North, Brad Haddin, Mitchell Johnson, Stuart Clark, Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus.
  9. Oh god, Ian Bell at three..............

10. Stauss 1 n.o. - think we got 'em on the run :lol: :lol: :lol:
  11. Watch them post 5 round the bat when he is in silly ,fine, short :roll: :roll: If he can get his eye in, then he is okay
  12. Nail on head, can't cope with pressure and sledging, I predict a start today (20-ish) and a very early dismissal in the 2nd Innings.
  13. booooooger - we are gonna get shafted here - fingers in ears :lol: :lol:
  14. 92 for 1 (Cook - c Ponting)
  15. I know it's not one day stuff, but Strauss has wasted 70 balls by just stopping them. He has only got runs of 20 of the balls.

108 for 1 at 13:09
  16. Strauss playing well. Pitch is carving up already, and no spinner in the Baggy Green's side! :D
  17. Oooops. I'll shut up. :?
  18. 2 for 127...keep talking Monty :twisted: 8)
  19. Oh.... Flintoff's gone for 7.

247 for 6.
  20. 307-8 at the end of the first day. Rain forecast for tomorrow.

So what's the betting we're skittled out in four overs and the Aussies have a good thrash about before the rain sets in?

Hmmm, I feel a draw coming on unless the English bowling is particularly brilliant.

Soleil, your cricket pundit was right earlier in the day - the bowlers are going to win it for England.