The ARRSE/RUM RATION Grand Christmas Draw 2018

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Just over a week to go so those few, very few, that have not yet entered this difficult but rewarding* draw, get your entry in asap.

Time is running out!

stressed santa.jpg

* the reward for me comes from the cries of anguish that follows the publishing of the results! o_O

Schadenfreude R Us

OK, I'm a Luddite. BUT....... I just tried to enter the competition, completed the survey, then nada.

Is that it? Just the survey? Was all my general knowledge boffing up for the last two weeks wasted?

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
OK, I'm a Luddite. BUT....... I just tried to enter the competition, completed the survey, then nada.

Is that it? Just the survey? Was all my general knowledge boffing up for the last two weeks wasted?
The clue is in the title "Draw" not "Competition"!

I realise you are of a nautical bent (snigger) and therefore of limited intelligence, but even that should be clear to you! ;)

The clue is in the title "Draw" not "Competition"!

I realise you are of a nautical bent (snigger) and therefore of limited intelligence, but even that should be clear to you! ;)
Ahem, from a nautically bent Sonar Bender. Quote from post #1...

This is a free to enter competition which can be reached through Survey Monkey in the same place
Christmas Draw Entry Form

AND - a Perce calling US lof imited intelligence fnar fnar. And we get 2 snorkers at brekky!

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Ahem, from a nautically bent Sonar Bender. Quote from post #1...

This is a free to enter competition which can be reached through Survey Monkey in the same place
Christmas Draw Entry Form

AND - a Perce calling US lof imited intelligence fnar fnar. And we get 2 snorkers at brekky!
The competition element for you matelots is what button to push to get to the entry form!

Remember the job of Jack Tar is to get the soldiers onto the ground so the real fighting can take place. Never heard of a British Navy of the Rhine :p

At least you get fed and watered , the crabs throw you out from a great height so they can get back home for their hot chocolate and tucked in to bed by their butler.:)

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
At least you get fed and watered , the crabs throw you out from a great height so they can get back home for their hot chocolate and tucked in to bed by their butler.:)
They never threw me out of any aircraft* from a great height, feck that for a game of soldiers!

* Helicopters don't count and it wasn't a great height! RAF pilot thought he was being funny when we were doing a low rope the pilot hovered at high rope height. Those last few feet drop from the end of the rope were lovely :rolleyes: carrying the platoon radio, A41, did not do my back any favours and I was in pain for the rest of the exercise. Sympathy from my platoon mates, none whatsoever. :mad:

They never threw me out of any aircraft* from a great height, feck that for a game of soldiers!

* Helicopters don't count and it wasn't a great height! RAF pilot thought he was being funny when we were doing a low rope the pilot hovered at high rope height. Those last few feet drop from the end of the rope were lovely :rolleyes: carrying the platoon radio, A41, did not do my back any favours and I was in pain for the rest of the exercise. Sympathy from my platoon mates, none whatsoever. :mad:
See what happens when you choose the fly boys, we would have gently lowered you over the side in a rubber dingy, in the dead of night into rough seas, miles from anywhere, if you were lucky, we would have left you some paddles, if it was a skimmer you could wave for help, if it was a boat to late we would have dived.:D

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Having had a wee bit of experience of flying as walking cargo with RAF and RN/RM Wessex pilots/crew, I have to say the RN/RM were more fun.