The ARRSE/RUM RATION Grand Christmas Draw 2018

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Just over a week to go so those few, very few, that have not yet entered this difficult but rewarding* draw, get your entry in asap.

Time is running out!

stressed santa.jpg

* the reward for me comes from the cries of anguish that follows the publishing of the results! o_O

Schadenfreude R Us

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
OK, I'm a Luddite. BUT....... I just tried to enter the competition, completed the survey, then nada.

Is that it? Just the survey? Was all my general knowledge boffing up for the last two weeks wasted?

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
OK, I'm a Luddite. BUT....... I just tried to enter the competition, completed the survey, then nada.

Is that it? Just the survey? Was all my general knowledge boffing up for the last two weeks wasted?
The clue is in the title "Draw" not "Competition"!

I realise you are of a nautical bent (snigger) and therefore of limited intelligence, but even that should be clear to you! ;)

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
The clue is in the title "Draw" not "Competition"!

I realise you are of a nautical bent (snigger) and therefore of limited intelligence, but even that should be clear to you! ;)
Ahem, from a nautically bent Sonar Bender. Quote from post #1...

This is a free to enter competition which can be reached through Survey Monkey in the same place
Christmas Draw Entry Form

AND - a Perce calling US lof imited intelligence fnar fnar. And we get 2 snorkers at brekky!

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Ahem, from a nautically bent Sonar Bender. Quote from post #1...

This is a free to enter competition which can be reached through Survey Monkey in the same place
Christmas Draw Entry Form

AND - a Perce calling US lof imited intelligence fnar fnar. And we get 2 snorkers at brekky!
The competition element for you matelots is what button to push to get to the entry form!

Remember the job of Jack Tar is to get the soldiers onto the ground so the real fighting can take place. Never heard of a British Navy of the Rhine :p

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
The competition element for you matelots is what button to push to get to the entry form!

Remember the job of Jack Tar is to get the soldiers onto the ground so the real fighting can take place. Never heard of a British Navy of the Rhine :p
And take you off the beach when it all goes pear shaped!

Sumo

War Hero
At least you get fed and watered , the crabs throw you out from a great height so they can get back home for their hot chocolate and tucked in to bed by their butler.:)

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
At least you get fed and watered , the crabs throw you out from a great height so they can get back home for their hot chocolate and tucked in to bed by their butler.:)
They never threw me out of any aircraft* from a great height, feck that for a game of soldiers!

* Helicopters don't count and it wasn't a great height! RAF pilot thought he was being funny when we were doing a low rope the pilot hovered at high rope height. Those last few feet drop from the end of the rope were lovely :rolleyes: carrying the platoon radio, A41, did not do my back any favours and I was in pain for the rest of the exercise. Sympathy from my platoon mates, none whatsoever. :mad:

Sumo

War Hero
They never threw me out of any aircraft* from a great height, feck that for a game of soldiers!

* Helicopters don't count and it wasn't a great height! RAF pilot thought he was being funny when we were doing a low rope the pilot hovered at high rope height. Those last few feet drop from the end of the rope were lovely :rolleyes: carrying the platoon radio, A41, did not do my back any favours and I was in pain for the rest of the exercise. Sympathy from my platoon mates, none whatsoever. :mad:
See what happens when you choose the fly boys, we would have gently lowered you over the side in a rubber dingy, in the dead of night into rough seas, miles from anywhere, if you were lucky, we would have left you some paddles, if it was a skimmer you could wave for help, if it was a boat to late we would have dived.:D

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Having had a wee bit of experience of flying as walking cargo with RAF and RN/RM Wessex pilots/crew, I have to say the RN/RM were more fun.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R New online radio for users of ARRSE, Rum Ration and egoat Site Issues 2
Good_CO Future Rum Ration / ARRSE in Second Life Site Issues 2
RabC ARRSE Site Issues 8
Pandaplodder Logging into Arrse Site Issues 17
SONAR-BENDER Link to ARRSE Site Issues 4
alfred_the_great Has ARRSE just disappeared? Site Issues 11
Ninja_Stoker ARRSE - The shape of things to come? (Fnarr) Site Issues 5
Guns Info Ops, posters on ARRSE - help wanted. The Quarterdeck 4
SONAR-BENDER Is ARRSE down? Site Issues 34
Passed-over_Loggie Parliament Wants ARRSE Current Affairs 4
trelawney126 RN Totally Weak says Paulis from ARRSE The Fleet 26
Guns Question over submarine escape training etc on ARRSE Submariners 19
Guns New Sea Ceptor missile thread from ARRSE The Fleet 1
Ageing_Gracefully Remembrance day auctions on ARRSE Charity 0
SONAR-BENDER Royal Navy on ARRSE The Quarterdeck 68
Bad CO The Official ARRSE Guide to the British Army by Major Des Astor Competitions 1
C The start of a car crash on arrse Diamond Lil's 20
Ninja_Stoker Arrse: US Humbled in Bloody Sangin Current Affairs 32
Hermes_R12 ARRSE on iPhone - can we have an RR app ? Bloody Computers 4
tug1970 New Arrse Diamond Lil's 32
wet_blobby Reasons why RR is better than Arrse.. Diamond Lil's 14
jesse Cant get back onto ARRSE Bloody Computers 4
gremlin ARRSE Photo Competition Jun '10 - £250 prizes from Towergate Hobbies & The Great Indoors 13
wet_blobby Let's rip the arrse out of it...... Finance & Pensions 3
aljh Arrse Wah Diamond Lil's 3
2_deck_dash Arrse Watch. Diamond Lil's 20
psycho-fluffy Stolen from ARRSE but worth support Petitions 3
soleil Woman whose partner has just been KIA posting on Arrse Current Affairs 2
wet_blobby You think RR's bad, try Arrse. Diamond Lil's 50
trelawney126 EU Reforms that Sweeps British Justice Aside ( ARRSE) Current Affairs 1
V Baron James Shortt gets his own ARRSE You Tube Tribute !! Diamond Lil's 3
N Pongo`s discussing septics on arrse,quite funny Diamond Lil's 22
YesItsMe Have you heard of the ARRSE Challenge Coins ?? Charity 0
Achmed Stand by for ARRSE refugee's Diamond Lil's 65
Nails Lets invade arrse Diamond Lil's 30
NotmeChief Fans are more Fanatical about ARRSE than RR The Gash Barge 10
Good_CO Ending up on ARRSE Site Issues 1
buggerit84 ARRSE The Gash Barge 6
S ARRSE is down Diamond Lil's 7
exile1 Embarked Troops [From ARRSE] Current Affairs 13
R Can't find my arrse, but know what my elbow looks like Site Issues 22
M New Travian Speed Server & ARRSE Alliance Gaming 9