The all-new Navy Net

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I was thinking that it would be nice to ignore the RFA love in that's going on at the moment without having to keep wading through it for the stuff I want to read

HHH

Midshipman
I was thinking that it would be nice to ignore the RFA love in that's going on at the moment without having to keep wading through it for the stuff I want to read
It's only the thread title at most you would see so just scroll past them, it's just the same with the rest of us we just scroll down and only click on what is of interest to us.

I've got the same issue as ATG with the reviews. I've turned off just about everything I can in the alerts settings and I'm really not interested in reviewing books that have been recommended by others; I'm not being rude, it's just I prefer to do my own reviewing. The only way to get rid of the '1' (or whatever) is to mark the items as viewed. Obviously this is not a huge deal but I would prefer to be able to tick or un-tick an option that allows me to say I don't want to be notified of any reviews. Am I missing something because I couldn't find it in the forum 'help' option, nor by searching in the search box........at least I tried :)

You're correct that these can't be turned off in the user settings so I've turned them off globally whilst we try and figure out a way of giving users control themselves.

HHH

Midshipman
There is a couple of "option tabs" on the rich text editor missing from the RR version also the list of "Smileys" is a bit limited (the ARRSE smileys were imported from I think ,the vBulletin one)

Capture rr 22.PNG

Methinks his request was dealt with 'Moderately' but he has resurfaced as 'Captain Turnip' whilst 'Turnip' would have been quite sufficient.

With my serious head on, the guy has 'issues' and I hope he takes WS's gen advice offered here:

[QUOTE="Wightsparker, post: 1364156, member: 18425"]andy reeves9.

The Rum Ration website can provide a lot of useful advice and help from a wide selection of people. It seems to me that you have a lot of anger bottled up; you have also indicated that you have had some medical problems. If you need to talk about problems, there are people here on who can help - but if you lash out with "bullshits" and other unpleasantries you will inevitably get some unhelpful and probably unpleasant responses.

The site does get its share of plonkers posting views which appear barking - or possibly immature or uninformed - to many others.

You say you are a former member of the RN who went South in 82. I would hazard a guess that despite the "banter" many RR posters would prefer to help if you needed to talk things through
.[/QUOTE]

Methinks his request was dealt with 'Moderately' but he has resurfaced as 'Captain Turnip' whilst 'Turnip' would have been quite sufficient.

With my serious head on, the guy has 'issues' and I hope he takes WS's gen advice offered here:

[QUOTE="Wightsparker, post: 1364156, member: 18425"]andy reeves9.

The Rum Ration website can provide a lot of useful advice and help from a wide selection of people. It seems to me that you have a lot of anger bottled up; you have also indicated that you have had some medical problems. If you need to talk about problems, there are people here on who can help - but if you lash out with "bullshits" and other unpleasantries you will inevitably get some unhelpful and probably unpleasant responses.

The site does get its share of plonkers posting views which appear barking - or possibly immature or uninformed - to many others.

You say you are a former member of the RN who went South in 82. I would hazard a guess that despite the "banter" many RR posters would prefer to help if you needed to talk things through
[/QUOTE]
I hope He takes the advise Bandy E proffered above...;)

I've just put the App back on my phone and use it rarely, however its stating sending me emails when members quote or answer my posts etc.

The email (member names etc) don't match this list on the desktop version?

Not going to lose any sleep, its just a bit weird.

Traminator

Lantern Swinger
So as you sign up to the site, you are asked a question, "what disease is caused by vitamin C deficiency (5 letters)?)
Yes, that's 5 letters...
The answer is" scurvy"..... One two, three, four.........

Is that an initiative test? :)
I'm here so I guess I passed...

Latest Threads