The all-new Navy Net

HHH

Midshipman
Some quick ones;

Rum Ration doesn't have, Spy/Popular Content/What's Hot/No list of MODs.

Groups (might still have to be brought across?)

Home Page sidebar doesn't have the latest review panel.

Home Page - History and about Rum Ration (I don't know if there ever was on RR?)

Users are automatically logged in to Chat.

Reviews are Different (you might be working on this?)

Alerts are set for Reviews, and as you can see from the following screenshot there is a serious amount of them!

Capture rr.PNG

HHH

Midshipman
Rum Ration has a "Recent Showcase Item" tab in the "What's New" section, ARRSE doesn't.

Capture rr 2.PNG

Plus the associated tabs at the top.

Thanks for that extensive list

Some quick ones;

Rum Ration doesn't have, Spy/Popular Content/What's Hot/No list of MODs.
Something we'll look at getting sorted

Groups (might still have to be brought across?)
RR never had these.

Home Page sidebar doesn't have the latest review panel.
See info about reviews below

Home Page - History and about Rum Ration (I don't know if there ever was on RR?)
Good point, I'll see if I can get something on there

Users are automatically logged in to Chat.
Another one to look at

Reviews are Different (you might be working on this?)

Alerts are set for Reviews, and as you can see from the following screenshot there is a serious amount of them!

View attachment 12503
The software we use on ARRSE for reviews could be better so we're trialling something called Showcase on RR. It seems to be a big improvement so we're in the process of importing all the old reviews into it but this is pretty tricky due to comments, likes, BBcode formatting, etc.

Once we've done it here on RR then we'll do the much bigger task that is ARRSE

You'll see I've made some more changes to remove the word 'Showcase' and replace it with reviews. Now that is progress!

What does 'automatically logged into chat' mean. I've just had a look at it and there are only two of us in there but loads more users online?

Not sure what happens in *Live chat*. It appears that I am unable to actually "log out" of the Live Chat area,
and to date - I've still not been able to communicate with anyone. Probably doing it wrong or it's summat to do with trusty DII as I have not tried the chat function on any of my own personal gear.

Note: Just clicked on Forums link and still indicates that I'm in the Chat Room...all on my lonesome (as usual).

Ahh, I now understand what you mean!

The Live Chat is just that. Basically if you are on that page and someone else is then you can just type messages at each other. After a while they scroll off the top of the screen and are gone for every. Obviously if you're the only person in there then it gets pretty dull talking to yourself

The item on the forums link simply reflects users who have been in the chat room in the last x (not exactly sure what it is) seconds.

I thank you. And here's me thinking that everyone is still alive at daft'o'clock in the morning.
It's only 21:45(Z) where I'm at but I forget that normal people lead normal lives and have
normal jobs. Only 8 hours to go. Whoopee doo.

HHH

Midshipman
@Bad CO
I've had another look at the reviews bit & it does look good, but you might want to fix this before you put all the reviews on! As you can see on the following screenshot I can edit/delete etc the reviews (well it gives me the options but I don't want to try deleting etc as the reviewer might be a bit cross!!)

Capture rr 4.PNG

HHH

Midshipman
Another difference between RR & ARRSE is in the details of the stats in the members tab. It might be something worth looking at to put on ARRSE as well.

Capture rr 5.PNG

HHH

Midshipman
There is a slight difference in the "Watch Forum" options (RR is probably the better one)
ARRSE Version
Capture rr 6.PNG
RR Version
Capture rr 6 a.PNG

I have review alerts de-selected in the alert menu, but continue to receive all review alerts (i.e. red '1' along the top). Have I got to go somewhere else to change my preferences?

HHH

Midshipman
I have review alerts de-selected in the alert menu, but continue to receive all review alerts (i.e. red '1' along the top). Have I got to go somewhere else to change my preferences?
@alfred_the_great

When you de-selected the Review Alerts did you scroll down to the bottom of the page and "Save Changes" (see attached screenshot).
If you did save changes you could go to the Reviews and click on "Mark Items Viewed" and select yes from the pop up box ( see attached screenshot) and then do a CTRL + F5 page reload and that will clear the old alerts.

Capture rr 8.PNG

Capture rr 7.PNG

Latest Threads