The 55 year old marine

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Chicogiz, Nov 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did anyone watch that last night.

2. Its been on a few times mate, shows no matter how old you are you can still do thing people half your age cnt do.You never know they might change the age limit now and let wet blobby back in lol. :thumbup:

3. I was hanging out after a 2 hour footy training session, switched on ITV and saw a man older than my dad pelting around in the mud, made me hang my head in shame.

4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Yes I did, excellent programme. He seemed to find the tests that I found easier hard and visa versa. The route of the nine miler seemed different and the 30 miler we had to navagate ourselves, only one forced stop with water and oggy at the half way point, mind you we did it in fighting order with one saftey bergan between us, they all seemed to be carrying a bergan.

I recognised the Coy commander as well, he was a Cpl when I knew him. He obviously passed his AIB and has done rather well, good effort.

I liked Chris' attitude, "if your going to make a program about these men you have to live with them and go through the discomfort with them" top bloke.

5. It made me understand why a woman could never be a RM... well most women at least.

6. wet_blobby

If you think I'm dumb enough to go through that again........ :rofl:

7. It was compulsive viewing to us more mature types and as someone who is only 2 months away from his 50th it gives us all that little bit of inspiration that age isnt that much of a burden after all.

So Im off down the the AFCO tomorrow to throw the Age Discrimination Law at them !

8. what can i say wasn't you mr blobby at one point, does that answer your question. lol :notworthy:

9. wet_blobby

That paid more, and I got to punch a certain celeb......

10. who ?

11. wet_blobby

Hmmm....who do you reckon........ :scratch:

12. :idea1: noel

13. Carl

Is there something symbolic about your avatar spider crawling around in an eternal figure of 8 patten?

Confused of Lossiemouth

14. seen it on anothers website, being half asleep i thought i had a fly on my screen and tried to knock it off. :sign6:

15. I was hanging my head in shame, more PT needed from me, I remember what he was saying on the treadmill next time I'm in agony, Pain is only temporary, his Green Lid is forever.

Top Effort.

16. I doff my cap to him. Champion effort.

17. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Keep it on a piece of elastic!

Much as I empathise, you can probably already guess that potential line of enquiry has been exempted by the MoD from that particular piece of legislation.

Whether it changes is entirely open to speculation.

As we all grow older, perhaps it may.

18. If any one has not seen it yet it is on ITV4 at 2000 hours

19. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/2017213.stm

I give you the protege of Emmeline Pankhurst.

I remain, &tc.

~Vesper

20. That is why I said MOST, read that article today after I began to wonder whether a lady could complete the course.