The 3 Lions

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, Jun 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What a pathetic showing against the USA in Bafokeng Stadium, a team made up from your local Brownies could have put on a better performance. If those overpaid posers had a proper job they would all have been sacked as incompetent, as for Fabio he is nothing short of the Master of Disaster.

2. Agreed but Fabio is restricted to using the best of the worst. Rooney has a suspect temperament but runs non-stop, usually after lost causes.

Heskey's inclusion was nothing short of astounding as he needs 10 chances to convert 1, and his rival for the No9 is better suited to basketball or the big top.

Gerrard's passing to another white shirt was non-existent, and the goalie made the kind of mistake that is usually to be found in a pub game.

We can still finish 1 or 2 to progress to the last 16, but I fear humiliation awaits.

3. It is always unwise to hype it up too much before the fat lady sings and sadly the media and the country in general have fallen into that trap.

4. The three lions may have had a dicky start but Scotlands rugby tour of Argentina got of to a cracking start with a win at Tucuman, the first win by a foreign team there against the Argies

5. England not so lucky down under, the other code stuffed the Frogs though.

6. Indeed they did, a superior game all round and none of those bizarre infantile antics that we were subjected to from Gerrard after he scored.

7. Maybe I watched a different match - I thought the Yanks were a lot better than I had expected them to be and although there were a few areas to deal with from the England side of the park I didn't think it was that shabby a performance. The problem, as is so often the case, is over-expectation.

England should have won but it was a game of 2 goalkeepers - Green made a mistake and England suffered for it, Tim Howard played out of his skin and made the difference.

8. I don't know so much about the match but I like to strangle the bastard with one meter of rusty chess wire that sold the spectators those f--ing Vuvuzela horns. :evil:

9. I must have watched the same game as you, and totally agree with your analysis.

10. I also agree with you! :)

11. Poor attempts to justify what was a pathetic performance, a game of two goalkeepers! :) I hope the England team watched the football masterclass that the Germans gave yesterday.

12. Fink you really do need to put your nationalist anti-English frustration behind you. England got to South Africa and Scotland didn't - move on.

As for the German "masterclass" - they did very well against Australia - all credit to them.

13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

If McFink hates Engerlund so much, why does he have their flag as his avatar..? 8O :twisted:

(Wait for it...)

14. He doesn't - he has the Union Flag - the English flag is the Cross of St George!

15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

16. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

17. Finkers is just looking for a bite. Nothing changes :roll:

18. The wrong fish took the bait SPB :D

19. Come on boys admit it they were shite, I am not looking for a bite honest, rather than practising their adulation antics after scoring a goal they should be working on the skills of the game.

I have to say that being British and unlike the English we Scots are not bitter and twisted I would love to see them win but that seems highly improbable if that performance is anything to go by.

SPB, tut, tut. :)

20. Perhaps time to visit the opticians.