That's not a pothole,

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by witsend, Feb 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  2. Some of the roads here are abysmal. One has gone from a decent road surface to what looks like a gravel drive. Pedestrians get pebbledashed :p
  3. Too many large vehicles, Wits?

Did you not spot that OR Bus? I thought it was tearing around/up a fair bit on those Scottish roads all this week.......
  4. Simples - Go Victualled.
  5. Wits,

<< best thing to satisfaction is to report a pothole online, as the Directgov website allows. Perhaps one day we shall each have to adopt a pothole – and fill it in.>>

The hole truth - Telegraph 11:55PM GMT 22 Feb 2011
  6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

7. One local authority in my area hasn't filled in the potholes but has at least painted yellow around the edges so you can see them.
  8. That reminds me of an Alas Smith and Jones sketch when Gryff Rhys Jones played a character called Arthur Penis.
    He wandered the streets spray painting dog shit gold.
  9. The most infuriating comment I've heard goes to the local council that said Potholes cause drivers to drive more slowly.
    You're right though. I've been driving since 76 and this year does appear to be the worst. Bad enough in fact to have wrecked some of the suspension on her indoors V70. Not a cheap fix for me at all.