Thats it, I'm old!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by SJRM_RN, Feb 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have noticed over the last few months that I am having to move my watch further and further away in order to be able to read the time on it, until it got to the stage where my arm wasn't long enough!!!

So, off to specsavers I trotted last week and find out, what I already knew really, that I need reading glasses as I am long sighted.

So thats it, I am officially old (and a specky git)!!!!!
    :glasses1: 8) :fucyc: :cry: :glasses8: :sad1: :read: :cool:
  2. No mate you are simply sensible.
  3. Welcome to the club!!!
  4. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Old is when you can't find your specs because they are already on the end of your nose.
  5. Next it will be, please read the line at the bottom of the sheet..

A 8 M H B 0 K R A O

K L I N O A L R 1 2 3

. . . . . . . . . . . ?

Crap! :sign6:
  6. I'm desperately holding off "that" visit to Specsavers. I've told Mrs Flymo that I did a self test in our local Boots and was fine ...
  7. I like how typing flymo links us to - Tools & DIY. :tard:
  8. @ 59 the only trouble I have is with the very small print on packageing, solution?, bought a magnifying glass from hardware store for 85p. . :brushteeth:
  9. I can just imagine that in the supermarket. Bloke with wacking great magnifiying glass out looking at jars on the shelves. HAHA :D
  10. I've worn glasses ever since I was 11 years old. During my release medical from Cochrane, I had to go out into the corridor and was told to take my glasses off and read the sight board. "What board?" says I.
  11. It's the pipe and deerstalker hat that gets the most attention.
  12. Aye, I could become SSS, Sherlock Sterling Stirling.:brushteeth:
  13. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

Just to reiterate what Sweetpea wrote:

Men in a nice pair of glasses are very attractive! Gives them a slightly bookish, "geek with a naughty glint in their eye" sexiness.

=-) ^_~
  14. I just stroll into the room with my aviators on and all the females faint. :sex:

I wish.. :geek:
  15. Magda

Magda War Hero Book Reviewer

16. [​IMG]

They really suit you, Styx.....
  17. ....Oh, and when you get to do your Part Three - NEVER EVER leave 'em loafing:

If the fore-endies don't hold 'em to ransom, then the back-afties will certainly render them opaque.
  18. Thats my Croation neighbour's surname !