That Other Place today.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, Nov 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I watched the Queens speech as usual and I am sure she missed something out this year, doesn't she usually finish off by saying, 'The subsidised bar in now open and one all round'?
  2. There is a lot that Missus Windsor will do for her country but even she draws the line at drinking with that shower of shit.

3. You have a point there Bergen. :lol:
  4. Shouldnt the Speaker say 'Its Pimms o'clock'? :lol:
  5. He is evidently a man of taste as that is one of my favourite tipples but only when it has been shored- up with a generous measure of Plymouth Gin and before you ask, 'no I am not'. :)
  6. Ah.....A man of taste, currently induging in a large Plymouth and tonic. :drunken:

Mrs Topstop :cuddle: drinks the Gordons :blah5:
  7. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Bombay Sapphire you sea dwelling heathens!!
  8. Sapphire is nice, but Plymouth is more robust. Plymouth Navy Strength is however, a fight in a bottle, I hit it one night, and it hit back hard.......
  9. Hendricks Gin made in Ayrshire, Scotland. Superb!!

In fact it's one of my two favourite things to come out of Scotland.

[The other being the M74]

10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Bloody wooftas, Gin is the preserve of alcoholic mother in laws and chefs.

Get some whiskey in your blood steam, I'd recommend a nice wee dram of Macallan or Talisker.

..... Tsk...fcuking girlies.... 8)
  11. You forgot to say heading north? :wink:
  12. And which subsidised bar would that be mate as there are a number of them.

The strangers bar for M.P's which stays open until the house rises

The press bar where all the pigs hang out

The sports and social where all the pissed 25+ year coppers go until there was a perge many years ago.

And the terrace dining rooms (not far from the strangers bar) with the corridor known as "Bandit alley" due to the large amount of homosexual waiters

:wink: :wink:
  13. Hah! You think?

And what's happened to all the rum drinkers, I ask myself?

Good grief; no wonder we don't have a navy any more. :roll:

14. The Macallan and Talisker are not whiskey....they are a malt WHISKY

blooming new kiwi
    :D 8)
  15. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Phew, I thought for a minute you were going to pick me up on a blaring spelling error........... :wink: :lol:
  16. I will then, as I have never done the spelling monitor bit before, there is no letter e. Unless you are referring to the Emerald Isles pish but then you can't be as you illustrate two of our finest malt uisge beatha's. :)
  17. Just be warned WB, we have a lot of relatives down there, so just because tyou are a long way away.
  18. Couldn,t agree more, old fruit. :D
  19. Drank that once and came over all queer, not surprising as I understand it is infused with exotic botanicals? Hmmmmm! Wink Wink Nudge Nudge
  20. I enjoy an occasional gin when the weather is hot, Ice and bitters rinsed glass, large measure of gin (partial to Bombay Sapphire myself) splash of lime cordial, topped off with soda and crushed ice - very refreshing, normally a good single malt (currently have a bottle of Balvenie double wood on the go) or 15yo pussers being my tipples of preference when a short is called for