That 6th month tour money

Scarlett

Midshipman
ProudNavyWife(tooBe) said:
just woundering if the well published money is for sailors/raf as well or just soliders as it seems to be aimed at?

Thanks
Sharon
Sailors and Airman are entitled to it aswell if they have served for over 2 months in the qualifying area of the world...which I believe at present are the Balkans, Afghanistan and Iraq
 

mophead

Lantern Swinger
HARRY_MASKERS said:
But don't hold your breath, the slime balls will giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other.
Thus is the way of Government;is now,always has been and allways will be.
 

dt018a9667

War Hero
mophead said:
HARRY_MASKERS said:
But don't hold your breath, the slime balls will giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other.
Thus is the way of Government;is now,always has been and allways will be.
I am afraid, old chums you are correct, after all why should they change now? They have been slimy barstewards from the year dot.
 

pots359v

Lantern Swinger
Yeah did the same with the dhobey money, was meant to be in the region of a couple of grand, what did we get a measily 500!
 

oldseadog

War Hero
mophead said:
HARRY_MASKERS said:
But don't hold your breath, the slime balls will giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other.
Thus is the way of Government;is now,always has been and allways will be.
I don't think that any of Bliars lot have ever been directly involved with any of the services! Except of course Prescott, who was Merchant, and his claim to fame was the Seaman's Strike to starve the UK into submission! Unfortunately, it worked! He now gets around half a mil a year, plus pension, for nothing!

I remember serving with titled pongo, who eventually became Under-Secretary of State for Defence. He resigned rather than oversee the troops doing without, and then attacked the then government from their own benches! A rare and talented man of principle! No names, no pack drill! Just a pity that there aren't many mre out there like him.

Maybe Allan West would like to have a go. At least he stuck his neck out for us in the past!

OSD


Come the Revolution! :twisted:

OSD
 

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
I'm hearing that it will be approx 90 quid per week for each full week served in theatre and will be tax free but no rules or forms available yet as Government didn't inform the Services it was doing it and no one has had time to figure out the "how to" aspects yet.

SF
 
Matelots' wouldn't give a shite aout poxy bonuses' if they wre paid a decent wage in the first place says I.
 

F169

War Hero
I sincerely believe "bonuses" of all kinds should be outlawed - and I would particularly insist that be equally applied in civilian life. Do firemen, nurses, civil servants etc. get bonuses and tips for doing their job? Do they buggery.

I would not object if bonuses were paid to all personnel in the same organisation at the same percentage rate based on profits (for commercial organisations) but I do not think that can be reflected in Service life and should be incorporated into the "X" factor.

For example all employees of John Lewis PLC are partners and get the same (percentage) bonus of their annual salaries if the company has done well.

You join the Armed Forces to serve - you deserve to be paid a wage that covers the eventually of serving in an operational theatre.
 

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
Does anyone actually have a lead on the broad spectrum of areas the government are looking at and what timescale they intend to achieve it it? Now that would be interesting reading. Even better if we had some way to feed in to whatever committee is doing the reviewing but I suspect that would be asking a little too much.

SF
 

oldseadog

War Hero
SILVER_FOX said:
Does anyone actually have a lead on the broad spectrum of areas the government are looking at and what timescale they intend to achieve it it? Now that would be interesting reading. Even better if we had some way to feed in to whatever committee is doing the reviewing but I suspect that would be asking a little too much.

SF
The current situation is, as I see it:-
(a) Brown hasn't quite figured out how much of it he can take it away from you, and
(b) once he has all the details of (a) above, he will issue some of the cash, the remainder to be paid in stages over 3 years

Oh, by the way, don't spend it before you get it!

OSD
 

silverfox

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
Try here - all details were pushed out a few days ago.

http://defenceintranet.diiweb.r.mil...edOnEligibilityForNewoperationalAllowance.htm

Basically it is £12.31 per day. Clock starts the day you get in theatre and stops when you leave at the end of your tour. Absence for R&R etc doesn't matter as its averaged out over a whole tour. Backdated to 1 Apr.

Will appear automatically in your pay. I also believe in the Tooth Fairy and Father Christmas......
 
Will affect the lads who get tax credits, ie take them over the limit & so will be clawed back?
I say get rid of thousands of Civil Servants that this Government have hired & stop taking it out of the pay in the first place, that way there will be less people waiting years for them to sort it out as it currently stands.
As for those people who do not pay tax, can they get tax credits? Monkeys in charge.
 

RomftRoy

Midshipman
SILVER_FOX said:
I'm hearing that it will be approx 90 quid per week for each full week served in theatre and will be tax free but no rules or forms available yet as Government didn't inform the Services it was doing it and no one has had time to figure out the "how to" aspects yet.

SF
We know how many days the RN has to do in a given area and how many days Percy has to have boots in the sand. The stumbling block is how many sorties the RAF have to complete over the area to get the money - wikll it be 1 or 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will also be working hard to write it in for the loafing toads in cyprus!!!!!!!!
 

HARRY_MASKERS

Midshipman
How basic does it have to be for these be-suited morons to understand the basic principle that was mooted in the first place?

Why in gods name (or Alla or Buddha/Krishna etc- to be pc) does this or any other of the administrations that we inflict on ourselves (because let's face it they're all a bunch of tossers) have to make thing an excersise in complicating everything, is it to justify thier obesely inflated pay packets and pensions? or are they just bloody minded small people with nothing better to do?

Any of you Whitehall twats listeng in? here's the simple principal you kindergarden mentality buffoons: THE U.S. MILITARY (ALONG WITH OTHERS) DO NOT PAY TAX WHEN ON OPERATIONS OUTSIDE OF THE U.S.A. IT IS NOT PARTICLE PHYSICS/ROCKET SCIENCE TO APPLY THE SAME TO OUR PEOPLE! don't sod around with it in the snakey give a bit here, adjust there for being 2 days short of various god forsaken targets and oooh sorry we'll cut your tax credits/family allowance because the xyz factor kicked in when you were in transit and your pay as you dine, dhobie, toilet cleaning, para pay chit excludes you from drawing the x factor...

....K.I.S.S. (my arse) keep it simple stupid, never before has that meant so much to so many but will be disregarded by the pen pushing few.

WHITEHALL YOU ARE NOT FIT TO BREATHE THE SAME AIR AS OUR ARMED SERVICES.
 

oldseadog

War Hero
HARRY_MASKERS said:
How basic does it have to be for these be-suited morons to understand the basic principle that was mooted in the first place?

Why in gods name (or Alla or Buddha/Krishna etc- to be pc) does this or any other of the administrations that we inflict on ourselves (because let's face it they're all a bunch of tossers) have to make thing an excersise in complicating everything, is it to justify thier obesely inflated pay packets and pensions? or are they just bloody minded small people with nothing better to do?

Any of you Whitehall twats listeng in? here's the simple principal you kindergarden mentality buffoons: THE U.S. MILITARY (ALONG WITH OTHERS) DO NOT PAY TAX WHEN ON OPERATIONS OUTSIDE OF THE U.S.A. IT IS NOT PARTICLE PHYSICS/ROCKET SCIENCE TO APPLY THE SAME TO OUR PEOPLE! don't sod around with it in the snakey give a bit here, adjust there for being 2 days short of various god forsaken targets and oooh sorry we'll cut your tax credits/family allowance because the xyz factor kicked in when you were in transit and your pay as you dine, dhobie, toilet cleaning, para pay chit excludes you from drawing the x factor...

....K.I.S.S. (my arse) keep it simple stupid, never before has that meant so much to so many but will be disregarded by the pen pushing few.

WHITEHALL YOU ARE NOT FIT TO BREATHE THE SAME AIR AS OUR ARMED SERVICES.
Can we take it then, that you are not overly impressed? :lol: :lol:

OSD
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Starting Jan 6th RFA 5
G 6th form Joining the Royal Navy 3
D 6th form scholarship expectations Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
MoD_RSS Press release: Parole Board Chief Executive's Blog - 6th edition - February 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Direct Rail Services lifts 6th Golden Whistle Award MoD News 0
D Warfare Officer/ 6th form scholarship application Joining the Royal Navy 2
M HMS Raleigh Entry 6th January 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 7
P PRNC 6th of Feb Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
M Pilot 6th Form Scholarship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
D Raleigh 6th March??? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
G The First Floatia of Minesweepers on D-Day 6th June 1944. Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 9
T 6th Form Scholarships Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
soleil BBC1: Antiques Roadshow World War 1 Special - Sunday, 6th April 2014 - 20:00 History 7
woody28 FAA Pilot & 6th Form??? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
soleil Royal Marines Musical Spectacular - 6th & 7th June 2012 The Corps 1
soleil BBC1 - Countryfile - "Remembrance Edition" - Sunday, 6th November 2011 History 0
oldseadog Service of Remembrance in Blyth 6th November Submariners 0
admiralscruff 6th Form Scholarships Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
soleil D-Day: 6th June 1944 The Corps 5
soleil HMS Diamond - Commissioning Ceremony - May 6th 2011 The Fleet 0
Andy_Cap 6th April 1970 Diamond Lil's 4
cadetsmum 6th Sponsorship etc Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
B 6th form scholarships The Corps 2
flano got my new joining date 6th of july Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Toast Anyone start Raleigh on 6th January? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS TUI UK to complete refunds by the end of the month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofsted visits to schools and colleges to begin this month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government has changed the law so most renters have a 6 month notice period MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Disabled People’s Organisations (DPOs) forum launches this month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Phased return to Survey and Inspection in the UK this month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint statement on Pride Month 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Drivers granted 7 month photocard licence extension MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extra month to claim for farm payments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Companies to receive 3-month extension period to file accounts during COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Two month window to claim for farm payments for 2020 opens MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK-US trade negotiations to start this month as Minister of State for Trade Policy visits US East coast MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Iconic blue passports return next month MoD News 0
soleil Stoll/RBL/Poppy Factory - Veterans' Drop-In - Second Wednesday Of Every Month - London NW1 Charity 1
MoD_RSS Construction of Helston’s new £2million flood defence begins this month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 'Get quacking' - with less than a month to go MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Month-long crackdown to improve road safety on M62 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Wages outpace inflation for the 18th consecutive month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Wages overtake inflation for 16th month in a row – fastest real terms growth since 2015 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Wages beat inflation for 15th month in a row with record employment in April MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: One month to go before introduction of Making Tax Digital for VAT MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: David Mundell celebrates LGBT History Month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: 12 month prison sentence for man who tipped 100 tonnes of waste at school MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Self Assessment deadline: less than one month to go MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Self Assessment deadline: less than one month to go MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Eighth month of UK wage growth with disabled employment at record high MoD News 0
Similar threads


















































Latest Threads

Top