Thanks Rum Ration!

CERA

First off..I hope I have this on the right Forum.
I have 'lurked' and thoroughly enjoyed myself on this great site since 2011 and have not once contributed til now because I thoroughly enjoyed the banter, humour and especially the dits. IMHO the site has 'apparently' become political, politically correct and a Q and A for recruiting..which should have been done at the Recruiting Office. The site appears to be slipping which is why I'm leaving ....not leaving many memories though!
Reference the 'enjoyment' above....I joined the Royal Canadian Navy in 1962 and retired as a CERA in 1995 having served in all classes of 'targets' and especially RCN O boats which operated out of Faslane and other UK ports. The RCN and the RN enjoyed the same humour and conditions as above which is why I joined Rum Ration.
I would like to say goodby and 'following seas' to all on this site especially Sol, Sweet Pea, Rum Rat, BNM and many others who have 'made my days'. Wrecker L I will not miss though. He appears to be a know it all and 'black matter' of the highest order although I could be wrong. He has done that, been there, has it, knows all the characters, dits, pubs, bars, been deeper, eluded 'Ivan' and served on numerous boats. Thanks for your contributions though Wrecks.
All the rest of you 'regular' ladies and gents are 'straight up'. Some of which have moved to other sites.

Take care Shipmates and yes I'll be standing by for incoming!

CERAMAY 1989.jpg

SaladDodger

Lantern Swinger
I only jest.... what did you expect on this site.....

had the privilege some years back of roaming from Toronto to Vancouver, only took 3 weeks, Thunder Bay, Regina, Calgary, great country, lovely people

fishhead

War Hero
@CERA this is probably a little late but during all your lurking did it ever occur to put a few comments and point out where you thought we were all going wrong. None of us are perfect(far from it in my case) so a little guidance from the other side of the pond would not have gone amiss.
Anyway you have decided to make your first post to be probably your last with a small sting in the tail. The main recipient of your dislike is a big boy and will take it on the chin I'm sure.
Slip and proceed, Bon Voyage.

Seadog

War Hero
Curled up at my feet at the fire place in my grace and favour Admiralty rooms, is a panther.

I’ve given the staff the evening off. I’d hate them to think that the retired Admiral is pompous.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
CERA's valuable insights and comments noted and ignored, if he had that much of a downer on me he should have said something but as he's on ROMFT he'll have his chance.

All I will say is all my "dits" , drafts and experiences I've put on here are gen, that's safeguard ,two clips, two pins.

See you on ROMFT CERA ;)

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
First off..I hope I have this on the right Forum.
I have 'lurked' and thoroughly enjoyed myself on this great site since 2011 and have not once contributed til now because I thoroughly enjoyed the banter, humour and especially the dits. IMHO the site has 'apparently' become political, politically correct and a Q and A for recruiting..which should have been done at the Recruiting Office. The site appears to be slipping which is why I'm leaving ....not leaving many memories though!
Reference the 'enjoyment' above....I joined the Royal Canadian Navy in 1962 and retired as a CERA in 1995 having served in all classes of 'targets' and especially RCN O boats which operated out of Faslane and other UK ports. The RCN and the RN enjoyed the same humour and conditions as above which is why I joined Rum Ration.
I would like to say goodby and 'following seas' to all on this site especially Sol, Sweet Pea, Rum Rat, BNM and many others who have 'made my days'. Wrecker L I will not miss though. He appears to be a know it all and 'black matter' of the highest order although I could be wrong. He has done that, been there, has it, knows all the characters, dits, pubs, bars, been deeper, eluded 'Ivan' and served on numerous boats. Thanks for your contributions though Wrecks.
All the rest of you 'regular' ladies and gents are 'straight up'. Some of which have moved to other sites.

Take care Shipmates and yes I'll be standing by for incoming!

CERAView attachment 44012
Well, what a massive bell end you turned out to be. Why not just fuck off? Oh, and when you get there, fuck off again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Patrick Big Thanks to the crew on Rum Ration Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 52
MoD_RSS PPE production starts in Grimsby thanks to Austrian investment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A message of thanks from Peter Schofield MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scottish Secretary thanks military for coronavirus support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Businesses to save up to £300 million annually thanks to Climate Change Agreement scheme extension MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Northern Irish firm doubles turnover thanks to Dubai export win MoD News 0
soleil Daily Record: "Royal Navy Crew Salute NHS Staff On River Clyde In Show Of Thanks Amidst Coronavirus Lockdown" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS Rochdale firm enjoys exporting success thanks to UKEF support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Electric taxis to go wireless thanks to new charging tech trial MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 54 historic places of worship restored thanks to government pilot scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 200 people to spend Christmas off the streets and in their own homes thanks to innovative government programme Housing First MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Kent biotech business set to make £1m thanks to Japan exports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS International Development Minister thanks Brits fighting debilitating disease on World Polio Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Safer journeys for cyclists and pedestrians thanks to Highways England scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Message of thanks to Greek authorities and volunteers from Robert Frome´s parents MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Communities to see how housing developers cash benefits them thanks to new planning rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS RAF Lakenheath gets power to grow thanks to the Defence Infrastructure Organisation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lebanese fishermen celebrate renovated harbour thanks to UKaid MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Rural sports clubs, schools and churches to go green thanks to £10 million Clean Energy Fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Science Minister thanks ITER staff for international fusion research endeavour MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Education Secretary thanks school leaders for academy success MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New homes and jobs thanks to Sunderland road upgrade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Female representation in the City is rising thanks to Treasury Charter MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Significant savings thanks to new pump technology MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: School gets smart makeover thanks to M6 workers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Business booms for Leeds-based company thanks to HS2 contracts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Out of this world innovations forge ahead in 2018 thanks to Local Growth Fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Campaign to cut plastics around the coast gets boost thanks to Environment Agency MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Greater protection for renters thanks to plans to tighten tenant safety MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Record numbers learning instruments in class thanks to music hubs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New test for sepsis could improve survival rates thanks to Dstl scientists MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Defence Secretary strengthens Romania ties and thanks RAF crews MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Minister thanks charity for helping disabled veterans into employment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: uk4u Thanks! launches 2016 Christmas box appeal MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Prime Minister thanks employers supporting the Armed Forces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Minister thanks Armed Forces for flood assistance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Army chefs lead the way thanks to quality apprenticeships MoD News 0
IlikeB33r Thanks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary thanks UK military personnel tackling ISIL MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: Uk4u Thanks! Christmas Box campaign launched MoD News 0
soleil Bristol Poppy Day - £21,400 Thanks From The Royal Navy Reserves Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
stan_the_man WW II - British Military Cemetery in Libya. Thanks for liberating us Diamond Lil's 3
M Sift Interview Advice/Thanks! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
LaurenMc Interview - Thanks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
G Thanks Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
C A big thanks to the Royal Navy!!! SCC and URNU 3
MoD_RSS PM thanks military personnel for Olympics role Current Affairs 12
frogman007 Thanks DC Current Affairs 8
slim A vote of thanks for the Chavs Diamond Lil's 7
R Thanks for the advice on this website! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1