Thankooooooo everyone!!!!

creddly said:
Well it's 1:30am, and I'm supposed to be asleep as my alarm is set for 3:30am.

Just can't sleep. The sweat is pouring out of me. I can't wait for these 4 days to be over to be honest. I'm looking forward to it, but I know after these 4 days are done, I'll be a little more confident for Raleigh then.

Who is actually approving this persons entry to the RN??? Seems they have been in the job too long. :toilet:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
dhoby_bucket said:
Who is actually approving this persons entry to the RN??? Seems they have been in the job too long. :toilet:

The RNAC, whilst not currently a compulsory course, nor a pass/fail course, is a useful method of further assessing someone's suitability for service over a longer period than a Selection Interview.

The selection decision will have been made by the individuals' careers adviser given the evidence provided so far. Ultimately this is further approved by the MoD. Many is the time I have interviewed somebody & not particularly taken a shine to them, but that is not a reason to reject someone because you don't like the cut of their jib. How else would the likes of Norman, Levers, You or Me been able to join otherwise?

k800i

Badgeman
I did the RNAC after i had my date for the navy, thus having already got though. does that mean that the AFCO still got details on how i did at RNAC?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Yep, your PJFT & RN Swimming Test (RNST) results, together with a report, if requested, are sent to your respective AFCO.

The thing to remember is that even after you are given a provisional offer of service together with an entry date, it's subject to MoD approval. It doesn't happen often, but the provisional offer maybe withdrawn.

k800i

Badgeman
I didnt get a 1 to 1 briefing at the end of the RNAC as think was mentioned in my letter... all we had was a group talk and certificates given out.

Do you reckon anyone took notice of me other than a few figures on some paper for the tests lol

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I wouldn't dwell on it too much. Those that stand out for whatever reason are generally commented upon, it's probably best left at that other than to say verbal warnings, when appropriate, are given by staff at the RNAC centre(s).

Those that are given a verbal warning will be aware of it.

k800i

Badgeman
im curious. what punishments could they give you at RNAC? are they in their means to do anything ? lock you up in cell?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Hope this isn't going to enter into the banal "I know my rights, I'm a civilian" discussion. Needless to say any civil offences would be referred to the civilian police.

Suffice to say that if someone were to "test" the military system firmly in place, then they clearly would not be suited to joining the Armed Forces - even if they had a provisional entry date & provisional offer of service.
Sadly we do indeed get idiots attending that are given a warning & the fact is recorded & reported to the relevant AFCO(s).

Everyone attending RNAC signs the following extract from the full code:

CODE OF CONDUCT FOR THOSE ATTENDING ROYAL NAVAL ACQUAINT CENTRE COURSE ...

All candidates are required to read this code and declare that they are willing to be bound by it, by signing a copy of it before starting course. A full version of the code of conduct is available on request from the RNAC....

Authority of Uniformed and Duty Personnel

RNAC staff and duty personnel are authorised to maintain discipline, good order, security and safety in the establishment. RNAC candidates should respond positively to a request made by them and obey all legal orders. In an emergency, duty personnel’s instructions must be followed promptly and without question....

Disciplinary Action

Any breaches of this code of conduct will be considered on a case-by-case basis but a formal warning routine exists at the RNAC from the group and individual re-briefs to formal interviews with the Officer in Charge of the RNAC....

DECLARATIONS
Candidate:

*1. I have read, have understood and will comply with the Civilian Code of Conduct whilst undertaking the RN Acquaint Centre Course. I accept the offer of a place at the RN Acquaint Centre on the suggested date.
OR
*2. I do not wish to attend a RN Acquaint Centre Course.

Name.................................................................

Signature.................................................................

Date.............................................

leeblease said:
At least we have all got 4 days off from Creddly. :thumright:

This lads been in the army (albeit only for 6 weeks), surely he must know what to expect. As for the RNAC its not a test, its just to give a taster of what its going to be like at Raliegh.

And I am NOT slagging him off, its just an observation.

I am sure he will get on OK at the RNAC, and I will bet anyone a pound to a penny that we will all get to hear about it on Friday.

Oi leave poor Credders alone. :threaten:

Hope he's survived all that ear bashing. I remember how scared I was when I had to go to HMS Excellent to be put though our paces for the RNXS contingent at the Royal Albert Hall. Eek! My fear was fully justified. I was deaf in my left ear for at least a week afterwards and was drenched in spit! ;)

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
It has been quiet though, Ninja might have been able to have a social life, give the missus one or even have a few wets without having to worry that if he doesn't check the newbies forum, he might miss a great debate on IPods, grips/bergans/holdalls or haircuts and that our foremost newbie might pack a sad.
NZB

busterbroon

Lantern Swinger
I still remember getting the train from Glasgow - Plymouth as if it was yesterday, time passes really quickly after you join

i joined up July 1990