T'grph: Hillary Clinton Warns Britain Re Defence Budget Cuts

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Oct 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A quick rant with no serious "research input" -

If it hadn't been for the US Sub-Prime-Mortgage cock-up, many of the financial problems that have led to the depth of the financial hole that the world is suffering would not have happened.

If UK plc leadership had not stupidly allowed itself to be dragged into 2 unwinnable wars in the name of the "special relationship", neither of which has been properly thought through and neither of which had either an end state or an exit strategy (and one of which was illegal and created simply because that odious creature Bush wanted to "kick some Eye-Raki ass"), the financial strain on the Defence budget wouldn't be nearly as severe as it is.

So why doesn't she just shut the f*ck up?

Rant ENDEX

2. Re: T'grph: Hillary Clinton Warns Britain Re Defence Budget

Funny old things special relationships,they tend to mean more to the weaker relation.She was just giving us a less than gentle reminder of how that special relationship works. end of rant :lol:

3. Re: T'grph: Hillary Clinton Warns Britain Re Defence Budget

Any 'Special relationship' with the U.S. is going to be a one way street, all take and no give.

4. Re: T'grph: Hillary Clinton Warns Britain Re Defence Budget

Should keep her snout out and sort out and her own back yard :evil:

5. Re: T'grph: Hillary Clinton Warns Britain Re Defence Budget

The lady only said know your place under dog and pay your dues.Come on we've had better insults than that for GW.Bush in the past :D

6. Where the RN is concerned, the Brits have profited far more from the so-called 'special relationship' than the US. From my attendance at various bilateral meetings, I know how much research and technological know-how we have received and how we have been special beneficiaries of exclusive intelligence and other sensitive information. Sometimes it's meant freebie equipment, use of trials ranges, monitoring and training facilities too so don't knock it.

With us being so reliant on US firepower, e.g. CAS, artillery support, transport and infantry back-up for our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, we shouldn't be taking it for granted that they'll always be there to bale us out in any future conflict. I keep hearing that we'll never go it alone without Yank help. Heaven help us if, one day, it's not there when we need it. God (and Uncle Sam) only helps those who help themselves so, in my opinion, they have every right to be concerned if we leave them to pick up even more of the burden than they are already carrying.

7. Re: T'grph: Hillary Clinton Warns Britain Re Defence Budget

I think someone should send that lady a box of cigars! now what was that line about not having sexual relations with that woman?
    I'm not into USA Presidents but looking at the last crop of them,Reagan stood well above the shoulders of Clinton,Bush and this current wombat.
    Before she tells others what to do she should try and keep her own house in order.It's all about being the next Prezzie for her.

8. Re: T'grph: Hillary Clinton Warns Britain Re Defence Budget

Well I agree with her.

9. Re: T'grph: Hillary Clinton Warns Britain Re Defence Budget

Yup she got that right on all counts.Just few words and she can influence our budget and defence spending nice trick for someone that don't vote in the UK or pay UK tax :lol:

10. Re: T'grph: Hillary Clinton Warns Britain Re Defence Budget

Crawley bum licking round the Yanks is something that successive governments of ours have polished to a high degree of skill, it’s one of the very few things that they can do well.

11. Re: T'grph: Hillary Clinton Warns Britain Re Defence Budget

Have look at Present Eisenhower's Jan 17th 1961 lecture on the "Military-industrial complex".Some may say a man ahead of his time, food for though anyway.
    Eisenhower