Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T'graph: Royal British Legion Severs Links With News Of The World Over Phone Hacking

M

mikehunt

This is turning into a right shit-storm as more of the disgusting activities of the NOW come to light, allegations that certain police officers have accepted large sums of cash for information, now who would have believed that? I have always thought that politicians are shit scared of the media but thankfully they are being forced by public outrage to at last grip the bull by the horns.

Last edited by a moderator:

flymo

War Hero
Watch out for the politicians to use this as an excuse to tighten down the media laws and thus prevent another expenses scandal type incident from being discovered.

Tanzi

Lantern Swinger
Wonder what they'll say about

"You ******* gopping fat ****; if I find you in the Navy I'll hound you to suicide you howlingly ugly piece of human **** shit."

jockpopeye

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
This is bollocks, the fault lies with the mongs that buy this pish as they created the demand for tittle tattle at any costs, including the morals of the journos.

Much like the Princess Diana thing the public demand created the situation and then when it all goes tits up there is a huge out pouring of digust, aguish etc etc

I am sure that most of the customers of the NOTW are the most outraged, despite their custom of such a rag creating this scenario.

Joe_Crow

War Hero
Doesn't really matter now- this Sunday is the last NotW.

In name only. The Sun will, in all probability, fill the gap, and I would bet that those who currently work for the NotW will still be employed by Murdoch next week.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
So how long does News International leave it before announcing that it will be publishing a 'brand new' Sunday red top?

Called "The World of News"? Or "The Sunday Sun", perhaps?

And did you know that the www.thesunonsunday.co.uk domain name was registered two days ago - I wonder what the their plan is? :roll:

lesbryan

War Hero
Doesn't really matter now- this Sunday is the last NotW.

I personaly am glad the pile of shit NOTW has gone BUT am sorry for the workers who will lose there jobs .Whilst the perpatrators keep theres .Through all of this i just hope the murdochs dont get control of sky

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I personaly am glad the pile of shit NOTW has gone BUT am sorry for the workers who will lose there jobs .Whilst the perpatrators keep theres .Through all of this i just hope the murdochs dont get control of sky

Unfortunately the next pile of shite will be ready to go. It'll be the NOTW with a different name, same staff, same scruples, same kak printed.

wurz

Lantern Swinger
Of course Murdoch will get sky. Wait til September when it's blown over and it will be quietly handed over.

Stirling

Banned
Robert Peston the beebs business reporter almost slipped up and called it the name we all knew'' Nooz of the Screws''.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil T'Graph: "The Importance Of Maintaining A Strong Royal Navy Presence In The Gulf" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil T'graph: "SDSR: Royal Navy Has Greatest Job Losses And Cuts" Current Affairs 0
soleil T'graph: "Royal Tournament To Be Revived After 11 Year Gap" Current Affairs 33
soleil T'graph: Royal Navy consigns tiffs to history after 141 yrs Current Affairs 19
soleil T'graph: "China & Russia Help Global Defence Spending Rise For First Time In 5 Years" Current Affairs 14
soleil Grimsby T'graph: "Soldier Who Dodged Death Twice Passes On Words Of Wisdom" The Corps 0
soleil Grimsby T'graph: "Bravery Of Grimsby Marine In 'Immensely Dangerous' Situation" The Corps 0
soleil T'graph: Relations Between Britain & China Strained Over Naval Ship's Visit To Japan The Fleet 6
soleil T'Graph: "RN Launches Its First Women's Network To Boost Number Of Female Commanders" The Fleet 3
soleil T'graph: "Human Trafficking In East Africa: Why The RN Is Forced To Turn A Blind Eye" The Fleet 0
soleil T'graph: "Admiral Lord West: 'The Big Lie Of The Defence Funding 'Black Hole'" Current Affairs 5
soleil T'graph: "Navy Plane Which Sunk The Nazis To Perform Flypast At Jubilee Pageant" The Fleet Air Arm 18
soleil Coventry T'graph: "Captain Jack Sparrow Is Britain's Most Famous Seaman" Current Affairs 5
soleil T'graph: "Gov't 'Rows Back On Defence Cuts To Fund Conflicts In Libya & Afghanistan" Current Affairs 0
soleil T'graph: "WikiLeaks: Ex-SAS Officers Hired As 'Human Bait' By Foreign Shipping Firms" Current Affairs 1
soleil T'graph: SDSR: Military Chiefs Fight Private Education Cuts Current Affairs 5
soleil T'graph: "French Carrier Set To Defend Britain Breaks Down" Current Affairs 8
soleil T'graph: "SoS: Closer Alliance With France Good For Britain" Current Affairs 17
soleil T'graph/Letters: Don't Sacrifice RN For Army's Horses/Bands Current Affairs 14
soleil T'graph: £16bn Future Rapid Effects System Faces Axe In Cuts Current Affairs 6
soleil T'graph: "British Armed Forces: Army, Navy And RAF In Stats" Current Affairs 31
soleil T'graph: "Carriers Give Politicians Options - Not Dead Ends" Current Affairs 3
soleil T'graph: RAF Can Be Trimmed, But Cuts To Navy & Army Insane Current Affairs 7
soleil T'graph Gen. Sir Richard Dannatt: SDSR: Britain Is At Stake Current Affairs 0
soleil T'graph: SDSR: 4 Future Scenarios & How They Might Play Out Current Affairs 3
soleil T'graph: Continuous Nuclear Submarine Patrols Not Guaranteed Submariners 4
soleil T'graph: "Fighter Plane Crash: You Just Have To Get Out" The Fleet Air Arm 5
soleil T'graph: Sangin Ambush Alleys Provide Ground For RM Heroics The Corps 2
soleil T'graph: "MoD Drops British Socks For Cheaper Chinese Ones" Current Affairs 22
soleil T'graph: "Harrier Jump Jet Is Hung From Tate Britain's Roof" The Fleet Air Arm 10
soleil T'graph: "Martello Towers: An Artistic Entente On The Coast" History 0
soleil T'graph: "Injured Servicemen Hope For Olympic Ski Success" Sports and Adventure Training 2
soleil Belfast T'graph: "HMS Monmouth In City For Maritime Event" The Fleet 0
soleil T'graph: "Family Rescued By Warship After Iceberg Collision" The Fleet 6
soleil Coventry T'graph: "Leamington Submariner gives final salute" Submariners 6
soleil T'graph: Liam Fox: "No room for sentimality in Review" Current Affairs 1
soleil T'graph: Generals and Admirals to be culled in Defence cuts Current Affairs 15
soleil T'graph: "Heirs of Harry Patch fighting in Helmand's fields" Current Affairs 0
R HMS/M Graph (ex U-Boat 570 Submariners 14
MoD_RSS Sentencing Code granted Royal Assent MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Royal Navy seizes over 450kg in the largest methamphetamine drug bust in the Middle East MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New partnership with The Alan Turing Institute and Royal Statistical Society to support Joint Biosecurity Centre COVID-19 response MoD News 0
soleil FB: National Museum Of The Royal Navy: 215th Anniversary Of The Battle Of Trafalgar History 2
soleil FB: Royal Navy And Royal Marines Charity - Hosting Your Own Trafalgar Night/Pickle Night Dinner History 2
soleil Express: "Submarine Sparks Panic In Scotland As Onlookers Mistake Royal Navy Exercise For Fire" Submariners 2
sampost Jubilee Sailing Trust announces pioneering collaboration with the Royal Navy Sports and Adventure Training 2
soleil Royal Navy Recipients In The Queen's Birthday Honours List 2020 Current Affairs 2
soleil Royal Marines Charity: "Mark Ormrod Awarded MBE" The Corps 1
soleil Daily Mail: "Proud Dad Gordon Ramsay Reveals Son Jack, 20, Has Joined The Royal Marines" The Corps 5
soleil FB: Royal Navy And Royal Marines Charity: World Uckers Championship 2020 The Fleet 1