T'graph: "Navy Plane Which Sunk The Nazis To Perform Flypast At Jubilee Pageant"

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by soleil, May 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Because modern technology has nothing on oak and piston technology.. hmmm

2. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

As the BBMF and the Red Arrows have overflown Buck House on numerous occasions, I think the single engine excuse is a little flawed.....

3. Didn't want to upset any Argentinians living in London? Afterall, a vote is a vote.

4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

The Nazi's had numerous attempt's at hitting the Palace during the war, after countless attempt's they wing'd it. Jack or the Crabs haven't a hope in hell of hitting it in a one off attempt. All is safe.

5. Didn't London allow a WWII bomber (Heinkel? )to fly overhead a couple of years ago?

Wonder how Berlin would like a Lancaster to do the same .. probably not ..

6. hackle

hackle Badgeman Moderator

Berlin Airlift commemoration?

7. Delighted that the Stringbag will be there; such an unsung type in WWII. It would also be nice if the Sea Fury joined the fun.

Regards,
    MM

8. Don't let John Beattie near the Sea Fury!!! He'll only destroy another one!!!!!!!!

9. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

'Nazis' indeed. WTF? The Kriegsmarine wasn't exactly manned 100% by goose stepping Übermensch party members.

The brotherhood of the sea means sailors are more sympathetic to the plight of enemy sailors than pongos and crabs are to their distressed opposite numbers, usually. 'Nazis' my arrse.

10. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

But I'm pleased that the Bismarck was sunk.

11. Johnnie Walker the U-boat killer might have disagreed with you on that one.

12. Weather has stopped the flypast

13. It did. What a pity.