T'graph: "MoD Drops British Socks For Cheaper Chinese Ones"

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
The absolutely top quality British socks I was issued with when I joined went into holes almost immediately and were completely useless. Total waste of Pusser's money.

Re: T'graph: "MoD Drops British Socks For Cheaper Chinese On

Good. I love watching companies who've spent decades ripping-off the MoD getting sacked.

They don't make all their socks in the UK anyway, so they're being hypocritical to boot.

Seaweed said:
The absolutely top quality British socks I was issued with when I joined went into holes almost immediately and were completely useless. Total waste of Pusser's money.
Ditto - absolutely useless!

The only half decent socks I ever had issued were the white artic socks.

The rest were absolutley pants.

:)

Lionfish said:
The only half decent socks I ever had issued were the white arctic socks.

The rest were absolutely pants.

:)
I remember that sort of thing happening too. It was usually because someone erronously transposed two figures of the NATO Stock Number on the demand form. You should have seen the Buffer's face when an aircraft carrier's anchor was delivered to us on a low-loader in Mevagissey. He was expecting a boat anchor for our minehunting Gemini dinghy. :wink:

Seaweed said:
Ah but those were cavalry socks. not ment for walking about in :laughing3:

JonnoJonno said:
They don't make all their socks in the UK anyway, so they're being hypocritical to boot.
I see what you did there :lol: .

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I remember coming home after a deployment and dumping my washing in the laundry basket. My missus said to me: "You should get your feet checked by the doctor. All of your socks stink of spunk."

I didn't correct her... :shock:

In my defence, whilst having a quick and discreet webspaz at work the subject didn't particularly grab my attention. Now with only repeat of Simon Schama's History of Britain to distract me it became a topic of huge interest.