T'graph: "China & Russia Help Global Defence Spending Rise For First Time In 5 Years"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Feb 4, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. china-aircraft_2795662b.jpg

"Soaring defence budgets in China and Russia mean global military spending is growing for the first time in five years, according to new forecasts.

Spending across Asia and the Middle East is surging even as the military powers of Europe and the US are forced to scale back dramatically in the face of austerity cuts - contributing to a steady change in the balance of military power."

China and Russia help global defence spending rise for first time in five years - Telegraph

2. Good thing we are all friends now and there's no approaching shortage of oil, gas and minerals.

• Like Like x 1
  3. China is no one's friend. Nice uniform and ship.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

4. Who's holding up those binoculars?

[​IMG]

Great camo..........!

• Like Like x 1
  5. What binoculars?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

• Like Like x 1
  6. He's got a 'can't see me' suit on.........and a ferkin' great red armband that can be seen from Gib.

7. The Chinese probably equate us with cats and dogs and they can't see red, only black and white.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  8. To be honest, his can't-see-me-suit doesn't look much worse than the new working rig that the 21st Century Andrew is supposed to getting; complete with the rounders hat.

9. Don't they eat cats and dogs ?....or is that just the Koreans. :scratch:

10. And Vietnamese, they're called Cho restaurants.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Isn't Chow a breed of dawg.......c'mon Billy...help me out willya !

12. Extract from Wikipedia....................The Kickapoo people include puppy meat in many of their traditional festivals :tongue8:

Edited to add..................Kickapoo/Andrex puppies/bogroll.........the possibilities are endless.....

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  13. Apologies for thread drift........don't want Seadog after me......whoops...mentioned dog again.....sorrrry. :oops:

14. Was it not a forgone conclusion that the rapidly growing economies would be increasing their defence budget?
    :s

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app