Texts to deter illegal migrants

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by brazenhussy, Mar 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How about being frogmarched to the south coast, given a set of fins and told to swim for it.
    Text my arse, how pathetic.

2. Couldn't agree more Ling - complete waste of time - whats to stop them deleting message / throwing phone away / swapping sim card??????????

3. " . . make life uncomfortable and constrained . . ." oh, that's okay then - I'm sure they'll be straight onto the ferries once they feel a bit uncomfortable! :roll:

Inbox - "Hi, srry 2 distrb u m8. U hv bn in UK 2 long - plz lve. Prtty plz?"

Don't these dingbats know that you can buy new mobile 'phones with a different number?

4. pmsl!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. I think I've been spending too much time in the Newbies forum - I'm beginnning to understand text speak :shock:

6. Unbelievable !!

Maybe the Service Police should use this to chase up people who are AWOL or Adrift !!!

7. Maybe we should offer them £2500, a new suit for interviews back home, housing grants to help them get settled back in the old country, Tax credits (because apparently their families doen't even have to live here to qualify) and an iPod.

Maybe that would cover it.

SF

8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

so can illigals speak chav now? I can imagine a long line of burbary baseball caps queueing for jobs as interpreters.......

9. a complete waste of time I reckon - and whose going to foot the bill for the texts????
    and whose going to pay for the 'phone - or is it another freebie perk??

10. How the hell will they know which number to sent it to? Im sure an II will NOT be on a contract phone, and there is no need to register a pay as you go phone. Im sure that one of the questions they ask in NOT "Excuse me plse may I ask if you are an II?" I can see the person answering yes to that

11. "But the Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants said the policy was not realistic or humane."

Poor things.

12. Who else but the taxpayer - they consider that we have pockets full of cash just to dole out to all and sundry.
    :mad:

13. agreed - what a shame - - - - - - -well sod off home then!!!!!!!!!

14. Just what planet are these people on - 'cos it's sure as hell not the same one we are.
    I would be shaking in my boots if I received a text telling me I had outstayed my welcome - if I was here illegaly why would I bloody care!

15. I have just listened to "Commie Read" on breakfast news. :roll:
    One thing that I have never been able to understand, is why they can't find illegals/overstayers who are drawing benefits? It dosn't matter what BS they put out, unless they have the political will, nothing is going to change!
    RoofRat

16. It's not that they cannot, it's because they don't want to - they are all, eventually, potential Liebour supporters.

'Illegal? - here's loads of dosh, Enjoy the life!'

17. Anyone in this country illegally is commiting a criminal offence.
    Sod the text message, arrest them, jail them and deport them.
    Job Done!

18. Whitemouse is correct. The ability to find illegals is there, the will to do so is not. But, we must appear to want to export them.
    I believe that the Government actually likes them as they believ that the illegals keep wages down by working for less.

19. Total BOLLOCKS!!!