Texas Bar, Lisbon

Just spoken to an oppo who's just got back from a jolly in Lisboa and he said the Texas Bar has shutdown.

WTF is going on in the world.

Be telling me the Gut has closed next :angry4:

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Never had the pleasure of that family friendly bar. Was threatened with a jolly there once, but alas we recieved the carrot of some more sea time chasing shadows.

You missed an ace dive Wits, oppo of mine did an 8 months preggers whore in there, alas I had to entertain her oppo. Cheap as chips though.

Just spoken to an oppo who's just got back from a jolly in Lisboa and he said the Texas Bar has shutdown.

WTF is going on in the world.

Be telling me the Gut has closed next :angry4:
Many years ago was in the Fillidefia Bar near by, and had enough money for a beer or a legover, I choose the expensive option, I had the beer.

I must hold some weird kind of record as I lived just down the road from Lisbon for two and a half years and never visited the Texas bar. Even on my rare escapes from the then Mrs Guzzler never seemed to make it down there - but in my defence Estoril and Cascais were more attractive to us 'locals'.

Still a shameful admission though.

Is this the same place? I seem to recall ending up there after a rabbit run at Casa das Cortiças, Mr. Cork's "House of Cork" but 'twas waaaaay back in '63......

I must say that it looks exceedingly grotty in the cold light of day - but so do I these days.:x

Sounds like an accurate description to me

edited to add I think the Continental bar was opposite offering the same delights.
Hanging my head in shame, I spent 2 blurry nights there when the Ark visited in '86, on the way home from Gib and that dumb feckin "concert from the rock" do. Seem to recall the shitter was a large room with the crapper on a raised dias. I remember watching a woman clean it up after someone barfed on it...............and then I went and did the same. whataknob!

BUT the heads at the back was fun~!

Hanging my head in shame, I spent 2 blurry nights there when the Ark visited in '86, on the way home from Gib and that dumb feckin "concert from the rock" do. Seem to recall the shitter was a large room with the crapper on a raised dias. I remember watching a woman clean it up after someone barfed on it...............and then I went and did the same. whataknob!

BUT the heads at the back was fun~!
I was on the Ark for that trip as well mate, as a Killick Sparker.

I have many memories of the Texas Bar and also many nights of 'no memories' having had far too much ale. I was on a cruise with the wife on the Canberra in 1988 and we called in at Lisbon. Both my wife and I knew many of the crew on the White Whale and ended up in the Texas Bar with them and I was amazed to find it had been totally done up, with no more whores, bouncers on the doors who opened the taxi door for the wife. I hated it in there as I was expecting the proper spit and vomit place I once had so much fun in.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Miscellaneous 0
Shakey Diamond Lil's 9
R094V1-George Current Affairs 14