Texas Bar, Lisbon

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by WreckerL, Feb 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just spoken to an oppo who's just got back from a jolly in Lisboa and he said the Texas Bar has shutdown.

WTF is going on in the world.

Be telling me the Gut has closed next :angry4:

2. Outrageous! I've also heard Boobs has burnt down...might be just a rumour though.

3. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

That was me. It was full of gayers.

4. They were RAF Regt actually..............oh, see what you mean

5. Shame, fell off one of their barstools thirty odd years ago. Long way down.

6. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

RAF Reg? Shit. They're one of the big three. I'm in the poo, no mistake.

7. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Never had the pleasure of that family friendly bar. Was threatened with a jolly there once, but alas we recieved the carrot of some more sea time chasing shadows.

8. You missed an ace dive Wits, oppo of mine did an 8 months preggers whore in there, alas I had to entertain her oppo. Cheap as chips though.

9. wreckers, was it a long slim bar, with a bog near the entrance and the piss house at the back, where the local "ladies" would lend you a hand????

10. Many years ago was in the Fillidefia Bar near by, and had enough money for a beer or a legover, I choose the expensive option, I had the beer.

11. I must hold some weird kind of record as I lived just down the road from Lisbon for two and a half years and never visited the Texas bar. Even on my rare escapes from the then Mrs Guzzler never seemed to make it down there - but in my defence Estoril and Cascais were more attractive to us 'locals'.

Still a shameful admission though.

12. Sounds like an accurate description to me

edited to add I think the Continental bar was opposite offering the same delights.

13. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is this the same place? I seem to recall ending up there after a rabbit run at Casa das Cortiças, Mr. Cork's "House of Cork" but 'twas waaaaay back in '63......

I must say that it looks exceedingly grotty in the cold light of day - but so do I these days.:x

14. Looks do not deceive, I'm having flashbacks as we speak.

15. Flashbacks? I much prefer the flashes of fronts......

16. Hanging my head in shame, I spent 2 blurry nights there when the Ark visited in '86, on the way home from Gib and that dumb feckin "concert from the rock" do. Seem to recall the shitter was a large room with the crapper on a raised dias. I remember watching a woman clean it up after someone barfed on it...............and then I went and did the same. whataknob!

BUT the heads at the back was fun~!

17. I was on the Ark for that trip as well mate, as a Killick Sparker.

I have many memories of the Texas Bar and also many nights of 'no memories' having had far too much ale. I was on a cruise with the wife on the Canberra in 1988 and we called in at Lisbon. Both my wife and I knew many of the crew on the White Whale and ended up in the Texas Bar with them and I was amazed to find it had been totally done up, with no more whores, bouncers on the doors who opened the taxi door for the wife. I hated it in there as I was expecting the proper spit and vomit place I once had so much fun in.