Texan’s Guide to Life

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
  1. Never squat with your spurs on.
  2. Good judgment comes from experience. A lot of experience comes from bad judgment.
  3. Lettin' the cat out of the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin’ it back in.
  4. If you’re ridin’ ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it’s still there.
  5. If you think you’re a person of influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around.
  6. After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him...The moral: when you’re full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
  7. Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.
  8. There are two theories to arguin’ with a woman. Neither works.
  9. If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin’.
  10. Never slap a man who’s chewin’ tobacco.
  11. It don’t take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep.
  12. Always drink upstream from the herd.
  13. When you give a lesson in meanness to a critter or a person, don’t be surprised when they learn their lesson.
  14. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.
  15. Never miss a good chance to shut up.
  16. There are three kinds of men: those that learn by reading, a few who learn by observation , and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves

And also don't try and defend a fort with all the walls shot to hell and collapsed! Jim Bowie was hopeless drunk,Davy Crockett was captured alive and begged for his life crying,although this was a Mexican report and highly unlikely and!
54 of the brave Texans came from the UK and the only one to do a runner was a Frenchman!
I think he was the only one who could see how hopeless it was and I don't blame him when he had a family,Colonel Travis was killed by the first cannon fusillade and I never ever watch a John Wayne film as he was a coward staying at home making war films whilst James Steward,Jack Palance,Alan Ladd etc gave up there film careers to serve and this Alamo film was a John Wayne piece of crap.
Been to Texas and they are a one off with massive steaks big hat,guns everywhere but with crap beer!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Current Affairs 3
clanky Bases / Shore Est 13
R Diamond Lil's 2