TEST?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by mike148, Aug 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have got me test in 2 weeks anyone help me out , tips etc..?

thanks

2. Revise, Revise and Revise. When your in the test, if you dont know a answer just put a guess. try get at least ten on each section, try 15 to be safe, depends on your job role.

Well i dont have anymore tips because what i learned from it, may not help you as you may need a higher score for your trade.

3. Get as much practice in beforehand, swot up on your basic maths and get through it as quick as possible.

I did mine about two weeks ago and hardly anyone did all the questions on the four papers.

Don't get bogged down on one question, move on and go back to it if and when you finish.

The test is quite good fun to be fair.

Good luck!!!!
    :thumright: :tp: :thumright: :tp: :thumright: :tp:

4. for those that have dont the test, how did it relate to that sample question booklet they have at the afco? i sailed through that, but worry that its not representative of question difficulty

5. One more thing, dont panic to if you aint answered all the questions, ooo and dont rush to finish all the question, just be safe and aswer more than 20 and get like 10 to 15 right to be safe. Learn quick workings out for maths, Ill try and get the link to a good site that helps.

6. To be fair, the test book is a good taster of what you get.

The only thing is, is that the questions do get harder, there's loads of them and you don't get that much time. I think on one paper, I worked out that you had 15 seconds per question.
    :thumright:

7. Goe on this link it will help:
    http://www.cimt.plymouth.ac.uk/projects/mepres/book7/bk7i6/bk7_6i2.htm

Also same as above the book (To me) was easy and had the same types of questions, The real thing is harder alot harder. I dont know if this is because your against time. Anyway dont worry if you fail, if you do you can say when you pass to the interviewer when you have your interview, That its your strong point, you know how to come back and pass and never give up. To me i would never give up, if i had to run 30 miles to get there i would.

8. you need to be quite quick with working things out. The sample test they give you is ok but I suggest you buy a book on these tests to get you used how it works. You can also then do your own mock tests time yourself and then look to see where you can improve. This is the hardest part of selection it was for me. If you fail the first time you have to wait a year unless you improve the areas you failed by attending a place of learning so put in max effort first time round good luck buddy.

9. thats what i thought. ive done a couple of timed tests so far, having difficulty finding any mechanical tests though. the time limit is a bit of a catch isnt it, i do ok usually as long as i dont rush and make sure i read the ENTIRE question, lol.

10. On the sections you get nine mins to do thirty questions so 18 seconds per question so you have to be quick. I think the maths is 16 mins and I am not sure about the mechanical comp. But you are timed strict by stopwatch there are loads of books on the net and in bookshops. When's your test.

11. On the sections you get nine mins to do thirty questions so 18 seconds per question so you have to be quick. I think the maths is 16 mins and I am not sure about the mechanical comp. But you are timed strict by stopwatch there are loads of books on the net and in bookshops. When's your test.

12. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Best advice is to ignore anything offerred by Chico

13. That advice is good, even know i just took my test.

14. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Did you pass?!

15. Yeah Chico, didja, didja, didja????

We'll take the lack of "Yippeeee, I passed a Maths and English Test, does anyone know what train I need to catch to get to Raleigh?" threads as a sign that perhaps a career with MaccaDs awaits you.

16. Wow people. i aint retaked it yet. I will in october. im talking about what i learned from the test i just took in march.