Test

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Storky86, Jun 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am a little nervous about the written tests for the navy, it has been a little while since I have taken an exam. I normally get between 120-130 on my IQ tests, will I have any problems? I want to join as a Marine Engineer. what sort of pass score would I need to be succesful? cheers

2. Stop worrying
    If you get that sort of score then being as 100 is considered average you are well above average intelligence.
    Look at the back questions newbies asked and you should find examples of where to find some typical test questions.

3. what score is required to pass for a Marine engineer? is is quite high?

4. I believe its on the higher end as when i went for my test as a SEA and WS they suggested that and AET due to my Higher score, Just keep came practice the question and you will be fine mate.

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Agreed, well put.

The recruiting test is a test of your intellectual ability to complete phase two (trade) training, it's not, however an IQ test.

Work your way through the practise test booklet, provided by your AFCO, against the clock.

If you want to do really well, go to your local library & get a book on psychometric testing.

For engineering, (any) you need to aim on getting about 20 correct out of 30 in each of the four sections of the recruiting test. The questions aren't particularly hard, it's just that you have to work very fast.

Good luck.