Test

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Gazza82, May 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello guys
    Sorry had the wrong test in my head lol :embarrassed:
    I got a letter from the AFCO saying that I they want me to do the aptitude test.
    I just wondered how many of you could tell me how the test is itself? Is it hard?
    Just worried Really wanna pass the test... :?

2. Re: Psychometric test

Hello Gazza

A Psychometric test is designed to give an indication of your personality/strenghs and weakness's

You can not pass or fail a Psychometric test it is a series of questions that do not have a correct answer as in 2 + 2 = 4.

My advice is to read the questions and give the most honest answer that matches you.

Good luck

3. Hi Gazza - Coincidentally, I've just completed the test about 2 hours ago. It can get hard, but you have to try and keep your head on. I was in the test and immediately started fretting but learned to chill and get on with it and I passed.

Go for it mate - I'm sure you'll do fine!

4. Gazza,

You can fail the test in that you may not achieve the required marks for your trade. I think there's a high failure rate, I'm sure my recruiting officer said it was about 60-70% failure rate. That's not to say you can't do it again!

You will be fine as long as you organise your time (it goes by very quickly) and as long as you realise that you have a one in four chance of getting each question right! You will be fine, try not to worry. But do let us know how it goes! Good luck!

5. Cheers guys
    and Congrats to creddly for passing
    well I do want to pass for aircraft tech but I have looked into aircraft handler which also looks very interesting to do. but guess just will have to organise my time as dragon says :)
    Thanks for the advice guys
    Tho if anyone else has more advice please feel free to reply :)

6. I believe AET is one of the harder trades to get into.You need a good maths score. Go back to your GCSE textbooks and you'll do fine!

7. lucky I kept them books.... Was gonna throw them out last month lol

8. hi
    try GSCE bite siz, thats how my buddy passed her test! she is hopefully going in as an AET in june!
    good luck
    dogfish

9. It seems to me that the Ratings sit a higher level of testing than potential Officers... am I correct to think this?

10. Maybe because Potential Officers should have Academic grades already, so there is perhaps less of an emphasis on testing these again?

11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Not really, Officers undergo psychometric testing during AIB.

The ratings test is to ascertain their intellectual ability to pass phase two (trade training) for any given branch. It is not based on level of academic attainment. Officer's have to attain a level of academic ability before they may apply & are then tested to see if they are suited to the job.

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Further to my last, the "hardest" trade of either Officer or Rating is, surprisingly for some, Student Nurse.

You need to obtain 200 UCAS points, in addition to the GCSE's & then score 85/120 in the Recruiting test. Even if you have a nursing degree, you still need 2 years experience, post degree, before you may apply as an officer.