Test For Motorman at Gateshead

Discussion in 'RFA' started by goosefromryhope, Nov 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi. Completed my form and sent it off. When I got back from a weeks holiday with family I had a letter asking me to attend RT at Gateshead in 2 weeks time.

Very excited. Gonna swot up on on everything as best as I can. If I were not to score score highly enough for motorman would I be offered any alternative?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  2. Got my exam tomorrow morning.

Any idea how long it will be before I get results?

3. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Could be the afternoon or it could be a week later. The AFCO won't tell you though. They just let recruitment know.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren

4. I got an email from recruiting reminding me to contact the AFCO to do my RT. Odd seeing as I'd just walked out of the office a few hours previous after taking the test....

I got an apologetic email shortly afterwards and was told I'd passed. Sometimes the right hand doesn't talk to the left too well - don't be afraid to call recruitment for any updates etc.

5. Test completed. In my opinion the actual test is a lot harder than the questions in the practice booklet.

Got my fingers crossed and hope to hear very soon.

What email address can I enquire on?

6. Call them, I was emailed to remind me to contact the AFCO when I already had. And yep, the actual test is much harder than the practice one

7. exJenny

Did you receive an email telling you about the test? If so use that one.

8. Just checked my emails. I passed the test. I'm over the moon.

9. exJenny

Well done. Good luck with your application.

10. I recived a letter addressed to me but the contents were for a bloke joining the rfa with a date to take his RT. Phoned around and no one was arsed, so if you're out there and get a call saying you failed to attend the test, apologies.

• Like Like x 1
  11. fantastic!! Good luck with the next stage

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks Bluebird.

SIFT date Jan 2014
    Interview Feb 2014

What is SIFT?

13. i was told on the day at the afco that i had passed we were told to wait outside for an hour and was told after watching a video. do diffrent branches aproach this diffrently?

when the going gets weird the weird turn pro

14. exJenny

Cash are you joining the RN or RFA?

• Like Like x 1
  15. i probably just woke up next door after seeing that r3 that was sweet haha and yea RN ex jenny

16. however i have just made the connection to why you asked (@rfa) my mistake i will discontinue any further hijacking of said thread ;-)

17. exJenny

They sift applications to select who they want to interview.

18. Hi have any motorman 2 applicants heard if they have been short listed for interview yet??

19. I havent heard yet. I was expecting to hear end of jan or some time February. I have eamiled them but I never got a reply.