Tesco Bans Pygamas

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by drewfester, Jan 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Found this on the BBC website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8484116.stm

Personnally I think they are quite right to do so, you can understand it in an emergency, but the lazy Chav's should not get away with just being to lazy to get dressed.

Wonder what others think

2. Emergency? What emergency? Oh Christ, I'm so hungry I might die - I'm going to go to Tescos in my jimmy-jammies.

Getting on my soapbox, there is no excuse for not getting dressed before going shopping. These people shouldn't be allowed to breed.

3. If it stops you seeing this it gets my vote

[​IMG]

4. I might be able to grasp the idea of them not wanting people to shop when not wearing shoes; you might hurt your foot on something and then think back to "Have you had a trip? A fall?" all that kind of tort-a-go-go malarkey and think "I went shopping without shoes and hurt my foot so that will be £50,000, Thank You, Tesco." Tbh the idea of lots of bare feet near the fresh stuff doesn't sound too appetising to me.

I have come across this sort of thing in the South of France occasionally - some of the chicer places like St Trop (was) don't like tourists flopping about in supermarkets and restaurants barefooted and half nekkid and make it clear.

I am bewildered by Tesco needing to dissuade shoppers from shopping in their nightgowns (whatever they might be .....) though.

I have never ever felt the urge to shop in Tesco in my nightgown.

5. I misread the original thread title and thought "What have Tesco got against Pygmies???"
    I must get my eyes tested again...... :lol:

6. Type42 :lol:

I was thinking of suggesting a spelling correction tbh but thought better of it.

7. Damn right as well and why should the rest of us have to put up with these lazy bastards bimbling around the shopping aisles.

The only people who would carry out this sort of behaviour are Chavs, Retards and Rip Van Winkle.

8. Will you give us a shout if you change your mind?

Seriously folks, this all the inevitable evolution of the no dress code, dress down, dress how the hell you like, equality and diversity bollox. I am reminded, though, of seeing some Middle Eastern type women outside MoD Empress State Bldg looking for all the world like they were wearing posh (ish) pyjamas.

9. Why do they have to pussyfoot around saying "it might cause offence" - just come out and say it:

Oi chav! Do not shop here in your pyjamas, it is filthy and you are not the kind of customers we want. While you're at it, put some shoes on, your fungus makes the aisles smell!

10. I've just noticed it only mentions PJ's, not baby doll nighties or stuff like that. Might hang around that Tesco's after the school run.

11. [​IMG]

Martin Clunes going off to Tesco to get some local milk in HIS jim jams!

Was good enough for Tesco a few years ago for THEIR ad!

12. WreckerL

Please don't put on a babydoll nightie to go shopping in Tesco's - it's not a good look for you.

13. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Wonder if Waitrose will mandate the wearing of lounge suits or smoking jackets?

14. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

It's Wales, see?

15. I have got to say that wearing pj's in the street or in the supermarket is
    just wrong Tesco has got it right.
    is it not unhygienic to walk around doing your shoping in your night wear.
    They should ban Lacoste next as that brand is well associated with IVDUs
    and chav's. (IVDU intravenous drug users).
    standing by for incoming

16. Damn, I've gone and shaved my legs now :oops:

17. How many shoeless chavs will starve to death as a result of this ban?

Only 5?

Tesco: Every little helps!

18. Ok, that mental picture has just bought me 3 years of therapy..... :lol:

19. Mrs F insists that I wear my Brown-Hatter's overalls but of course we shop in Waitrose so it's not a problem.