Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

terrorists thwarted?

imom1406 said:
..this country has always been a melting pot...long may it continue!

Yeah melting pot....I can visualise that, the thing about melting and pots is eventually you end up with a shitty heap that no good for anything and anyone.....!!

..bit like the way the middle east is going!!!

WarMonger said:
imom1406 said:

Yeah melting pot....I can visualise that, the thing about melting and pots is eventually you end up with a shitty heap that no good for anything and anyone.....!!

That melting pot was the British Empire at one point!

Yes but at the end of the British Empire and following the granting of gradual independance it would be fair to say that a small number of countries ended up in a shitty heap...however those countries that did tended to be religiously and tribally divided e.g. India and the Afrcian nations.....see a pattern!!!

WarMonger said:
Yes but at the end of the British Empire and following the granting of gradual independance it would be fair to say that a small number of countries ended up in a shitty heap...however those countries that did tended to be religiously and tribally divided e.g. India and the Afrcian nations.....see a pattern!!!

And we're not tribal? most brits will quite happily fight each other over football, religion, it wasn't so long ago we fought the Scots and before that each other. Our internecine conflict has dies down, it took a couple of hundred years though and it wasn't too far in the past.....

WarMonger said:

Oh like Ireland.

Peter

To be honest Im not interested in the history of the United Kingdom and the British Empire..and I dont give a shit whether the Scots killed the Welsh backed by the English two hundred years ago....what I am concerned about is that there is money in the budget to pay my grandparents winter heating allowance they are entitled to rather than the Afghan refugees next door....That my children can go to school and can learn to read with an age old nursery rhyme book that hasnt been edited to keep a fringe minority group happy..that I can visit my capital city without fear of being reduced to carbon molecules by some ingrade on state benefit living in a council house taking home more than I make in a year.........etc etc etc etc etc etc!!!!....

Im sorry but I just dont agree with the multicultural utopia that people seem to think we can acheive by taking in every waif stray and refugee that knocks on the door without a further degree of consideration tahn i s currently made!

imom1406 said:
Depends what you mean by the Immigrants, these are people who have been born in this country, many of their families were re-settled here by us, to do the jobs we don't want to. So this is an internal problem.....oh and just for a bit of a history lesson, unless you come from deepest Cornwall of West Wales, you ain't british. you are probabl;y one of the following.

Romans, Angles, Saxons, Danes, Jutes, Normans, Huguenots, Africans, Indians, Pakistanis, West Indians, Eastern European Jews, Chinese, Vietnamese...this country has always been a melting pot...long may it continue!

I think that's the point though isn't it? We may have jovial mickey taking with our celtic cousins, but we've learned to - in the main - live side by side. And since you're so keen on giving history lessons yes we are British. What you mean is that we aren't Britons. British and Britons are NOT the same. You may also be interested to know that many Britons, married and interbred with Romans, angles, saxons, Danes etc. That's why the end result British are such a diverse people - because they are a mix of numerous peoples and cultures. Now how many muslims are mixing in this way? Not many, 'cos those that do usually end up being disowned or worse, killed by their own families.

THAT is integrating, you said it yourself, this country has always been a melting pot. The point is that that a lot of muslims refuse to be melted into it. What the muslim communities are doing in this country is EXACTLY what the Jews did when they set up Israel - setting up their own little communities in this country where non muslims appear to be unwelcome. Yes I know that is the minority, and yes the vast majority of muslims are great people, but let's face it, the Jews were a minority once, and it only takes a few rotten apples.

Oh and another history lesson for you - not that I condone the Israeli response - I don't - but the holy lands were holy to jews and christians centurys before mohammed was a glint in his daddys eye...Think on.

But frankly this argument is starting to get a little tedious. We all have our views, and no amount of debating is going to change that, nor is it going to stop tin pot idiots with an axe to grind using innocent civillians to make a point. If the vast majority of muslims are peace loving and don't like the muslim faith being tarred, then the muslim communities should do more to keep their friends and family in check. Perhaps non-muslims might then start treating them with the respect they demand.......

bunnyjumper said:
imom1406 said:
Depends what you mean by the Immigrants, these are people who have been born in this country, many of their families were re-settled here by us, to do the jobs we don't want to. So this is an internal problem.....oh and just for a bit of a history lesson, unless you come from deepest Cornwall of West Wales, you ain't british. you are probabl;y one of the following.

Romans, Angles, Saxons, Danes, Jutes, Normans, Huguenots, Africans, Indians, Pakistanis, West Indians, Eastern European Jews, Chinese, Vietnamese...this country has always been a melting pot...long may it continue!

I think that's the point though isn't it? We may have jovial mickey taking with our celtic cousins, but we've learned to - in the main - live side by side. And since you're so keen on giving history lessons yes we are British. What you mean is that we aren't Britons. British and Britons are NOT the same. You may also be interested to know that many Britons, married and interbred with Romans, angles, saxons, Danes etc. That's why the British are such a diverse people. Now how many muslims are mixing in this way? Not many, 'cos those that do usually end up being disowned or worse, killed by their own families.

THAT is integrating, you said it yourself, this country has always been a melting pot. The point is that that a lot of muslims refuse to be melted into it. What the muslim communities are doing in this country is EXACTLY what the Jews did when they set up Israel - setting up their own little communities in this country where non muslims appear to be unwelcome. Yes I know that is the minority, and yes the vast majority of muslims are great people, but let's face it, the Jews were a minority once, and it only takes a few rotten apples.

Oh and another history lesson for you - not that I condone the Israeli response - I don't - but the holy lands were holy to jews and christians centurys before mohammed was a glint in his daddys eye...Think on.

But frankly this argument is starting to get a little tedious. We all have our views, and no amount of debating is going to change that, nor is it going to stop tin pot idiots with an axe to grind using innocent civillians to make a point. If the vast majority of muslims are peace loving and don't like the muslim faith being tarred, then the muslim communities should do more to keep their friends and family in check. Perhaps non-muslims might then start treating them with the respect they demand.......

Suggest you read a few more of the posts here instead of just this one, you'll find we are not a million miles apart.....oh and integration took 100s of years...not in the blink of an eye.

andym said:
[quote="bunnyjumper
How about slow roasting over an open fire, or an old persian torture, a red hot poker up the back passage.
Not an unknown torture in Olde englande.King Edward the 2nd was killed in this way at Berkeley Castle in 1327.He had a poker rammed up his shitter,also his male lover Piers Gaveston was desposed of in a nasty way.[/quote]

Yep you're right, but I think you'll find a lot of this was picked up from the Moors by the Crusaders. Surprising actually how much we have learned from them over the millenia. Perhaps next we'll learn how to strap a bomb to a 14 year old kid and make them walk into a mosque then detonate them remotely 8O . Or perhaps not.

imom1406 said:
Suggest you read a few more of the posts here instead of just this one, you'll find we are not a million miles apart.....oh and integration took 100s of years...not in the blink of an eye.

I have, and yes I agree, but I saw some misleading comments that needed putting into context - and erm the saxons and romans et al were marrying and mixing very soon after coming to the country. That's when integration starts. They didn't leave it hundreds of years. There is vast historical evidence for this. Also, the roman army in particular was mainly made up of the people it conquered. That's why they were so successful in spreading across Europe. You don't really think there were that many Romans do you? The point I'm making is that Islamic peoples will not consider that sort of integration, and until they do they will not be truly integrated Brits.

imom1406 said:
dunkers said:
Jenny_Dabber said:
Stereotyping is annoying, not ALL muslims are terrorists you know!

That's very true but consider this, it might give the Muslim community a kick up the backside to do more to discourage terrorism. Why isn't this government making the immigrant population conform to our society - our culture? They've no balls to do that, nor seemingly the gumption to deport any immigrant who steps out of line. What a laughing stock that makes this country.

For gods sake dont fall into that age old trap of thinking that the British are guilty for everything! The liberal lefties and Muslim sympathisers would like you to think that. Just rember that most of these sinned against nations were as bad as we were. If you believe your last statement I surest you go back to your ivory tower and think realy hardly about it.

imom1406 said:
WarMonger said:
imom1406 said:

That melting pot was the British Empire at one point!

French wasn`t it ?

WarMonger said:
To be honest Im not interested in the history of the United Kingdom and the British Empire..and I dont give a shit whether the Scots killed the Welsh backed by the English two hundred years ago....what I am concerned about is that there is money in the budget to pay my grandparents winter heating allowance they are entitled to rather than the Afghan refugees next door....That my children can go to school and can learn to read with an age old nursery rhyme book that hasnt been edited to keep a fringe minority group happy..that I can visit my capital city without fear of being reduced to carbon molecules by some ingrade on state benefit living in a council house taking home more than I make in a year.........etc etc etc etc etc etc!!!!....

Im sorry but I just dont agree with the multicultural utopia that people seem to think we can acheive by taking in every waif stray and refugee that knocks on the door without a further degree of consideration tahn i s currently made!

I would suggest that the greater risk to your grannies heating allowance is the vast ammounts wasted by the government in c*cking up it's own administration and that of the health service than the relatively small amounts that get given to assylum seakers. As it is by far the biggest contingent of spongers are white anglo saxon protestants, with perhaps a few catholics thrown in. Try visiting your local dole office and see who the real spongers are.

Peter

Maxi_77 said:
WarMonger said:

I would suggest that the greater risk to your grannies heating allowance is the vast ammounts wasted by the government in c*cking up it's own administration and that of the health service than the relatively small amounts that get given to assylum seakers. As it is by far the biggest contingent of spongers are white anglo saxon protestants, with perhaps a few catholics thrown in. Try visiting your local dole office and see who the real spongers are.

Peter

About a year ago, i was between jobs and went to the "dole office"...god never again...not a single asylum seeker all Chavs and chavettes. visit www.chavscum.co.uk and click on the Photos for random chav photographs...hilarious but sad at the same time.

No problem I accept that point....fine kick them out as well..I have no problem with that..either that or transport them to island..and hope that genetics takes it inevitable course with lower forms of life that inbreed!!

EXTINCTION!!!

Latest Threads