Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Terrorist attack on cricket team

Very good and emmotive report back from their,on Sky tv. By a local lad Dominic Cork.ex England/Lancs/Derbyshire Cricketer . Who is out their.

I always get confused these days when news reports say that terrorists have targeted a cricket team and the coach has been attacked. I’m never sure if their bus has been hit or the bloody manager.

Tariq Terr may well have scored a home goal (bugger, sorry, a run out) on this one. I believe that average Pakistanis are fanatical about cricket. As this can only damage the game, it won’t do the popularity the terrs depend on any good. I think the majority of ordinary Pakistanis will have more sympathy for the Sri Lanka s than they have for the minority of their countrymen’s political aims.

Anyway, I wish the surviving casualties a speedy and full recovery. If any terrs were hit, I wish them agony and crippledom.

Australia's cricket community has expressed shock and sadness over the shootings at Sri Lanka's team in Lahore and have grave fears for the sport's international future in Pakistan.

Is nothing sacred! I watched on the news with amazement as the Pakistani Police and every man and his dog trampled all over the crime scene picking up various items that had obviously been used by the terrorists.

finknottle said:
Is nothing sacred! I watched on the news with amazement as the Pakistani Police and every man and his dog trampled all over the crime scene picking up various items that had obviously been used by the terrorists.

That's because Pakistan is a Third World country with Third World attitudes. (A bit like Scotland really :wink: )

I honestly don't know whether terrorist attacks in Pakistan occur because the terries are able to operate with little fear of detection and have a certain level of support from the population, or aim to destabalise a government that has expressed support and assisted the West against Terry Taliban and AQ in the "war on terror". Probably a bit of both.

Jimmy_Green, I know we have only just had an inside cludgie installed prior to that we pissed in the wee burn at the bottom of the garden.

Latest Threads