Terms of service

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by TotalAlien, Jun 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Just to fill you in, I have a selection interview for the RNR very soon and would like to apologise in advance if this has been covered before.
    The FR2020 began in April 2012 and I would just like anyone "in the know" to let me (and probably many others like me) know of the terms of service of joining the RNR.

Many thanks
    TA

2. I assume you have a local unit or recruiting office nearby that you could phone or visit...have you actually tried speaking to the RNR and asking them????

3. I have indeed spoken to the careers office. I wanted this to be a thread for anyone like myself wishing to join having a clear idea of the TOS of the RNR with some good pointers and even dits, things you don't get from an AFCO. I don't know exactly how long you need to stay in for and to me it is not particularly important but might be good knowledge for a selection interview.

4. There isn't a "return of service" such as the regulars have. Unless you're mobilised - in which case you can't say you want to leave! But you've got a lot of training to get through until the point at which you are worth mobilising, so if it isn't for you you're not stuck with any commitment.

I believe it is one month's notice you have to give - but you don't have to go to all the drill nights etc in the run up to that leaving. Mainly you just have to hand back all your kit.