Ten Simple Rules

A shipwreck of mine always span that he was taught the 10 rule of Matlowdom on basic. That's why he was so awesome, also why he got promoted somehow... He just couldn't remember them other than rules. Other than, Rule 7. Always carry a knife. Which I thought was pretty sound. Unlike him.

If anybody has a great idea to fill the rest in.

I would go with.

Rule 3.

All else fails, get on it

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Oh good, Lil's.

What the flying fuck are you on about?

(Edit: might as well make the most of Lil's) ...you dribbling stillborn.

Last edited:
G

guestm

A shipwreck of mine always span that he was taught the 10 rule of Matlowdom on basic. That's why he was so awesome, also why he got promoted somehow... He just couldn't remember them other than rules. Other than, Rule 7. Always carry a knife. Which I thought was pretty sound. Unlike him.

I would go with.

Rule 3.

Rule 1 of internet forums: Don't post pissed.

Seadog

War Hero
'Matlowdom'

First rule of being bell bottomed jolly Jack from away back is; know the origins of the word 'matelot'. How to spell it will follow.

(This is not a spelling / grammar /punctuation nazi thing. Your many other transgressions are acceptable).

G

guestm

'Matlowdom'

First rule of being bell bottomed jolly Jack from away back is; know the origins of the word 'matelot'. How to spell it will follow.
He probably chose to ignore it as it originated from dirty great bummers living in the jungle licking each others willy sticks waiting for the more adept mariners to finish careening the war canoe.

French for sailor my arse.

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer

I would go with.

Rule 3.

Interesting first post and thoroughly thought provoking.

Having pondered on this for a while i've come up with this; Kill yourself. Preferably with fire.

Seadog

War Hero
He probably chose to ignore it as it originated from dirty great bummers living in the jungle licking each others willy sticks waiting for the more adept mariners to finish careening the war canoe.

French for sailor my arse.
The garlic smelling origins of 'Lieutenant' and 'Petty' (Officer) don't bear thinking about then.

Last edited:
G

guestm

The garlic smelling origins of 'Lieutenant' and 'Petty' (Officer) don't bear thinking about then.
I believe the French translation of Petty Officer and Lieutenant is: 'Personnel whose rank is of more importance to those holding it than anyone around them'.

They are, as always, quite correct.

Think we need rule 11.
Watch you're post disappear when the MOD thinks erroneously that he's being criticised.
I was asking how the fuck you understood what he was saying, in order to answer him.
Hardly a reason to remove a post when you look at all the rest of the offerings in this thread.
I suppose you did speak chimpanzee after all.

Think we need rule 11.
Watch you're post disappear when the MOD thinks erroneously that he's being criticised.
I was asking how the fuck you understood what he was saying, in order to answer him.
Hardly a reason to remove a post when you look at all the rest of the offerings in this thread.
I suppose you did speak chimpanzee after all.
Hope you are not fence sitting and being shy, I have also noticed things going awol as sargpepper come back under an alias?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shakey Blue Jokes 1
The_Black_Pig Miscellaneous 1
P Miscellaneous 0