Ten Simple Rules

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Spankynova, Feb 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A shipwreck of mine always span that he was taught the 10 rule of Matlowdom on basic. That's why he was so awesome, also why he got promoted somehow... He just couldn't remember them other than rules. Other than, Rule 7. Always carry a knife. Which I thought was pretty sound. Unlike him.

If anybody has a great idea to fill the rest in.

I would go with.

Rule 3.

All else fails, get on it

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

2. And it took you 3 years to think up that awesome first post?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oh good, Lil's.

What the flying fuck are you on about?

(Edit: might as well make the most of Lil's) ...you dribbling stillborn.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  4. Rule 1 of internet forums: Don't post pissed.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ability to read or write, not necessarily both............. I wonder ???.............nah, can't be...... can it ?

6. Probably an ex reggy

7. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

'Matlowdom'

First rule of being bell bottomed jolly Jack from away back is; know the origins of the word 'matelot'. How to spell it will follow.

(This is not a spelling / grammar /punctuation nazi thing. Your many other transgressions are acceptable).

8. He probably chose to ignore it as it originated from dirty great bummers living in the jungle licking each others willy sticks waiting for the more adept mariners to finish careening the war canoe.

French for sailor my arse.

9. I always wondered what 'sailor my arse' was in French.

• Like Like x 1
  10. "marin mon cul" see you've learnt something!

11. D'ya know, I was going to Google translate it and post it, but I couldn't be arsed!! Pun intended!

pm inbound too!

12. Dont know about 'Sailor my arse' In french, but the literal translation of 'Boxing' in Gaelic is 'Fisting':bootyshake:

13. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Interesting first post and thoroughly thought provoking.

Having pondered on this for a while i've come up with this; Kill yourself. Preferably with fire.

14. Received and replied to!

15. Rule 1 if it takes 3 years to post make it fucking worth while:sad1:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Seadog

The garlic smelling origins of 'Lieutenant' and 'Petty' (Officer) don't bear thinking about then.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  17. I believe the French translation of Petty Officer and Lieutenant is: 'Personnel whose rank is of more importance to those holding it than anyone around them'.

They are, as always, quite correct.

18. Seadog

D'accord. .

19. Think we need rule 11.
    Watch you're post disappear when the MOD thinks erroneously that he's being criticised.
    I was asking how the fuck you understood what he was saying, in order to answer him.
    Hardly a reason to remove a post when you look at all the rest of the offerings in this thread.
    I suppose you did speak chimpanzee after all.

20. Hope you are not fence sitting and being shy, I have also noticed things going awol as sargpepper come back under an alias?