Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Television Voting

Drakey

War Hero
"Calls made after the closing time will not be counted but may still be charged"

Anyone else fed up with hearing this on an almost daily basis no matter what programme happens to be on.

How come they can swith off the Counting machine on time, but not the Cash machine

slim

War Hero
Anyone stupid enough to vote in these competitions (raffles) deserves to lose their dosh :thumright:

fishhead

War Hero
Naval_Gazer said:
Maybe because you are charged for your call by whichever telephone service provider you use, not the TV company.
It is the telephone company that levies the charge,but I think Drakey's point was why can't the number to call be disabled when calls are not required.

Drakey

War Hero
fishhead said:
Naval_Gazer said:
Maybe because you are charged for your call by whichever telephone service provider you use, not the TV company.
It is the telephone company that levies the charge,but I think Drakey's point was why can't the number to call be disabled when calls are not required.

My point exactly

:w00t:

slim said:
Anyone stupid enough to vote in these competitions (raffles) deserves to lose their dosh :thumright:

Seconded !!

Even GMTV have been doing this (yeah. sad watching the prog I know, sorry :oops: ) .... and they were offering a FREE car, but with "calls at X plus normal call charges...calls from mobiles etc....."

Enough saddos using that and thec ar is paid for, so they aren't actually giving away something for free!

Still, if it keeps the oiks happy .....

:)

Joe_Crow

War Hero
whitemouse said:
slim said:

Seconded !!

Even GMTV have been doing this (yeah. sad watching the prog I know, sorry :oops: ) .... and they were offering a FREE car, but with "calls at X plus normal call charges...calls from mobiles etc....."

Enough saddos using that and thec ar is paid for, so they aren't actually giving away something for free!

Still, if it keeps the oiks happy .....

:)

Even GMTV...!!

It was GMTV who started this, many years ago. They decided to do a phone-in competition to boost ratings, and were surprised when the revenue from the phone calls actually paid for the prizes. The rest is history. Long-forgotten history, it would seem

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Nicky Morgan's speech to the Royal Television Society MoD News 0
soleil National Television Awards - "Royal Navy Caribbean Patrol" Nominated The Fleet 6
I Adventure/Travel Television Programme. Royal Marines, ex-NCOs required!!! The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 1
D Help...1970's television prog. Submariners 14
H Royal Windsor Tattoo Television Coverage. Current Affairs 0
slim Pointless and Tatty television Programs. Diamond Lil's 11
MoD_RSS UK establishes voting rights treaty with Poland MoD News 0
slim Should ID be required when Voting? Current Affairs 36
MoD_RSS Voting opens to find the Rising Star of 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Treaty on voting rights signed with Luxembourg MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Voting rights treaty secured with Portugal MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary congratulates Greece for voting to resolve long-standing ‘Macedonia’ dispute MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Expat voting rights treaty secured with Spain MoD News 0
F Should the voting age be lowered to 16 ? Current Affairs 39
J Another way of voting... Diamond Lil's 0
witsend The General Election 2010 who I'm voting for. Diamond Lil's 3
lonestar Voting Bases / Shore Est 3
defenceheadquarters Service Personnel Voting Current Affairs 0
hackle Service Voting in the General Election 2010 Current Affairs 0
soleil Pompey News: Dockyard workers voting on strike action Bases / Shore Est 1
T EDM calling for Voting age to be reduced to 16 The Gash Barge 9
whitemouse New Voting system .... Diamond Lil's 2
A Voting Rights for Prisoners Current Affairs 17