Television Voting

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Drakey, Nov 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "Calls made after the closing time will not be counted but may still be charged"

Anyone else fed up with hearing this on an almost daily basis no matter what programme happens to be on.

How come they can swith off the Counting machine on time, but not the Cash machine
  2. Maybe because you are charged for your call by whichever telephone service provider you use, not the TV company.
  3. Anyone stupid enough to vote in these competitions (raffles) deserves to lose their dosh :thumright:
  4. It is the telephone company that levies the charge,but I think Drakey's point was why can't the number to call be disabled when calls are not required.
  5. My point exactly

6. But if they tell you that's the case why does it matter?
  7. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

As this is going to be a general chat - just shifting it to the QD.....
  8. Seconded !!

Even GMTV have been doing this (yeah. sad watching the prog I know, sorry :oops: ) .... and they were offering a FREE car, but with "calls at X plus normal call charges...calls from mobiles etc....."

Enough saddos using that and thec ar is paid for, so they aren't actually giving away something for free!

Still, if it keeps the oiks happy .....

9. Even GMTV...!!

It was GMTV who started this, many years ago. They decided to do a phone-in competition to boost ratings, and were surprised when the revenue from the phone calls actually paid for the prizes. The rest is history. Long-forgotten history, it would seem