Telegraph: "Wave Of Suspected Bombs Sent To Armed Forces Recruiting Offices"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Feb 13, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Army-Careers-offic_2821152b.jpg

"Terrorist police are investigating an apparent bombing campaign against Armed Forces recruiting offices after four more suspected bombs were posted to careers centres.

Military bomb squad officers were called to three recruiting offices on Thursday after suspect packages were sent to careers centres in Berkshire and kent earlier in the week.

"Wave of suspected bombs sent to Armed Forces recruiting offices - Telegraph
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Ever get the feeling someone's out to get you for telling them to "do one"?
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

To all the brave recruiters on this site -- be safe.

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. Remember, opening mail is what the loan junior rates are for. No need to take too much risk.

Not all of this post is meant to be taken seriously.
    • Like Like x 8
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Funnily enough, since this started earlier in the week, our mail has been put in a separate room for checking, before collection.

I sent down our young Leader to collect it & she came back with a right strop: "You didn't tell me people had been sending us bombs!" she said indignantly. "You never asked" was the reply. ^~

No sense of humour.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    • Like Like x 13
  5. I think its Wilt as a protest for the differing RNFT times for men and women.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. :thumbup::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10: ^
  7. ****. It didn't reach you then......
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Weird isn't it?

My Dad said to me in 1981: "Don't join the Army, you'll only get blown-up in Ireland".

So I joined to Navy and seven weeks after joining my first ship, got blown-up in the Falklands. Next ship, back to back Falklands deployments with Sam Salt. Next ship Iran/Iraq war. Finally sweepers, "Ha, only UK & Northern Europe" Wrong, Gulf War One. Next ship Adriatic/Bosnia. Next, diddly squat then finally, the AFCO. "Safe as houses".

• Like Like x 1
  9. Maybe a name change to Uncle Albert?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. They're trying to tell you something, oh and that box I sent you is a birthday cake, hence the marzipan smell. It's safe to open, honest!
    • Like Like x 2
  11. They said on the news it is the paddy's again!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  12. Ninja_Stoker

Not able to discuss the mechanics or lethal potential of the devices for obvious reasons but effectively, they are viable.

Doubtless some chimp on a forum, not a million miles away will post the photos, target, shortcomings and give advice on how to do it better.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Some people have all the luck. Ever bought a lottery ticket? If you fell in a bucket of tits, you'd come out sucking your thumb...
  14. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Obviously not writing "Nursing School, Narvik" on the return label was a mistake.

Also addressing them "Filthy Brit Scum, C/O AFCO, Scum UK" didn't help.
  15. Please, for the love of Pussers tell me this hasn't already happened.

Ninj, Im sure you know the procedure on finding a live IED.

Jump 200ft in the air and spread yourself over a very wide area.....
  16. On the clip I saw on the news last night ... shot of an RN BD Team tipping up and unloading the kit before wandering off in the general direction of the AFCO with a fire extinguisher!
  17. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Divers, soooooo hot they might spontaneously set fire thus need the extinguisher at all times.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Ninja_Stoker

You are hereby awarded a Like.