Telegraph: "Queen's Diamond Jubilee: Forces Sent Festive Biscuit Tins"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, May 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. biscuittin.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/the_queens_diamond_jubilee/9295557/Queens-Diamond-Jubilee-Forces-sent-festive-biscuit-tins.html

2. Provided for dunking purposes alongside the tea is a special biscuit named the ‘Super Digestive’. A new creation composed exclusively for the Diamond Jubilee, these biscuits are an indulgently reworked digestive made with full fat English butter and English clotted cream. Intensive testing has revealed four seconds as the optimum ‘dunking time’ to achieve premium density, as outlined in the guide provided.

No Bath Oliver's then. Standards are dropping!

3. Looks good. BZ F&M!

4. I want some!

5. Well, in theory you can have some!

Fortnum's do International Delivery, but the cost would be rather high:

Shipping Information

I assume that Customs wouldn't object to the import of biscuits - I know that some foodstuffs are prohibited - it would be somewhat disappointing to open the tin and find yourself biscuitless!

6. There's a place called e-bay which will soon have some in stock.

7. Maybe the ex 'crumb-brush' who was whining about not getting a Jubilee gong could attach the tin lid to a red white and blue ribbon and wear that with pride instead?

• Like Like x 4
  8. BE19P

If you would like me to drop into Fortnum's and pick one up and post it to you, just let me know.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  9. Sol you're too nice. Let him/her buy it online!

10. ,

True, true ....

(The offer wasn't actually as altruistic as it sounds, I was going to use the trip to F & M to rock up at Dukes which isn't far from there, with a view to sampling the Royal Navy Jubilee Cocktail .... just for research purposes and on behalf of Rum Rationers everywhere, of course!).

11. Looking good, maybe a day trip to F&M is in order?! I can't help but think there's a reference to biscuit tins saving someones life in WW1....