Telegraph: "Nelson: French Are 'Thieves, Murderers, Oppressors And Infidels'"

Discussion in 'History' started by soleil, Jun 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Nowadays an Admiral or Rating publicly expressing xenophobia or racism of this nature would almost certainly be dismissed from the service (royalty aside).

• Like Like x 1
  2. They are thieves, murderers, oppressors and infidels (the French)

I wonder how far in the Service the great man would have progressed in our new, inclusive, “equality and diversity” fixated British Armed Forces?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  3. Nothing like us then!

4. Do you think Nelson invented a collective noun?

5. What??? The collective noun for a group of thieves, murderers, oppressors and infidels is "French"?????

6. As in a herd of cattle, that would be a France of thieves, murderers, oppressors and infidels.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Methinks he would have been obliged to ditch all of his bling two-six and replace the sodding lot with this solitary specimen:

White_Ensign___F_5113944f27956_90x90.jpg

(....available from an RN Submarine Museum near you for just £2.50... :shock: )

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You can say it again, Sister.

9. Fixed, mon vieux.

• Like Like x 2
  11. How did he manage to sum them up so accurately? I've not yet met a Frenchman I could trust and most of the RN have probably yet to find a writer that they can trust either! ;)

12. I have come across some delightful French women.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. And I have met some writers who were bon oeufs.............well, it is about the French innit ?